Sign in to follow this  
Rexxenexx

Getting a bug after installing Soundblaster card

OK I'm getting a new bug since I installed a Soundblaster X-fi Titanium card. This has only happened 3 times but I'm sure it will continue to happen. This is what happens. When a vehicle approaches from a distance the screen turns black and the sound loops then after a couple secs it goes on and off. Which reminds me of a bug with the video where it flashes the screen on and off with a message in the taskbar saying something like "the video driver failed trying to restore" or something like that. So I'm guessing I have an interrupt problem or something.

I tried the usual ctrl+alt+del to get the Task Manager, alt+tab, alt+F4....enter, but nothing except resetting works. I've never had this heavy duty of a prob. until I installed the Soundblaster.

My comp:

ASUS P5N32-E SLI BIOS 1404

Q6600

ASUS 8800 GTX

465GB HD (500GB)

4GB RAM

SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty

Mods:

I only use AACF sounds

I've played games that lasted for hours and hours so this is going to be a hard one to figure out!

I guess you are running the X-FI in gaming mode when you play ArmA, if not try that, if so try other modes.

Is there an on board sound chip on your mainboard? That can cause problems too, if it`s still active or the drivers where not uninstalled before the sound chip was disabled.

Yea it's in Game mode, also the on-board is still active. I'll try what you suggested.