Sign in to follow this  
namreg

campreload, campreloaded and preloadcamera

Hi, I'm making this cutscene about things happening at the same time in different places and whenever I change the camera from one position to another all objects are at its lowest LOD and looks awful.....

I've seen these commands camPreload, camPreloaded, preloadCamera. But I don't know how to make them work properly...

Could someone tell me how to use those commands?huh.gif

THX confused_o.gif

I only know, that with this command the camera preload a scene

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_preload = [] spawn {waitUntil{preloadCamera [88610.07,-47026.85,4.31]}}

Here is a part of my Camscripting Tutorial (english and german version) smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Many of you will have already noticed that with bigger position jumps of the camera in a sequence, by the start of the scene, the objects and textures are not loaded, what

creates a nevertheless very negative effect.

To counteract against this effect , we simply allow to precalculate such scenes. This can be done with

PreloadCamera. While the camera points at a scene, it loads the textures for the next scene in the

next location already.. Simply state the following order in your script before the scene:

_preload = [] spawn {waitUntil{preloadCamera [X,Y,Z]}}

@scriptDone _preload

Nevertheless, you can think of the script keeps reading on and has the scene ready when the scene

before ends. You do not need to strech your scene for performance reasons, it has no effect.

Here ,At [XYZ] you have to write down the coordinates from your _camera camPreparePos. Now the scene is precalculated and the script waits till the scene was calculated. Therefore this negative effect does not exist any more.

Here is a small example for perloading a camera position:

_preload = [] spawn {waitUntil{preloadCamera [16134.26,-96230.73,15.64]}}

@scriptDone _preload

_camera camPrepareTarget Stryker

_camera camPreparePos [2839.51,2917.06,1.10]

_camera camPrepareFOV 0.700

_camera camCommitPrepared 7

~6

_camera camPrepareTarget [16134.26,-96230.73,15.64]

_camera camPreparePos [2879.56,2886.94,0.99]

_camera camPrepareFOV 0.700

_camera camCommitPrepared 0