Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Warfare - Addon/Modified edition?

I can only imagine Warfare with addons, F-16's, Aircraft carriers, T90's, Mi-24s, Havoks, UAV's, new islands (especially larger ones), new weapons, etc. Has any server started to modify Warfare, and is it popular?

Things I'd like to see in a modified Warfare:

1. HALO

2. A game option where base units (Air Fac, Tank Fac, Light Fac, Barracks) must all be destroyed. Not just the MHQ, the games too surprising when 'pow' there goes MHQ unsuspectingly.

3. Release units command (kill of a stranded AI half way across the map that is stuck inside one of those bunkers).

4. Beacon's on base units. It'd be neat to have the ability to place beacons on enemy base units (if you dare to venture that far into an unprotected base) and place beacons, so the airforce can have something to lock on to. Otherwise, Laser Designators work good too.

5. The ability for players to accumulate supply points and build certain structures near camps or other locations. Such as, a MG nest, a medical tent, maybe an ammo crate with limited ammo, etc. If not possible to give this ability to a soldier, how about a "Construction Jeep" that allows you to deploy certain objects.

6. The "Remove Structure" command, that allows you place for example, a barracks somewhere else after it was A. Distroyed, or B. wrongly placed for whatever reason. If you had a crappy commander, then a good commander JIP's and wants to rebuild certain sections of the base, he could. Also the ability to remove walls and other misc. objects. Many even have like little "workers" that go up to the buildings and repair ones that have been damaged.

7. A way to see 'How much' damage a specific building has received. Like 99.23% for the barracks, and 2.34% for the tank factory.

Has anyone begun to modify this mission? I'm really looking forward to a day when this mission is revamped with addons.

I have started to modifiey it, Ive taken you ideas into account and will see what i can do.

^^ BIS want us to mod the map soo worth a try doing what i can..

Also i can tell you there will be a ACE map which will be a total addon conversion of the map when ACE is released. Before anyone asks i dont no when. Im just a mission editor.

Well thats very cool of you to do that Matt. I'm sure myself as well as many others are happy that someone of your talents is working on a newer version of this mission.

I just hope to find some populated @@@ servers, OFP players seemed to utilize the addons a lot more than they do for arma.

Corrections I may make to that original list:

======================

Response to #2: Apparently all base units must be destroyed in order to win. I was not aware of this. Perhaps a warning then, such as "Air Factory has been destroyed!" so all players of that side know we are under attack.

Response to #5: Apparently you can accumulate supply points and use some of those points near camps etc to purchase certain equipment. Then my counter to that is to simply have a mobile unit players can purchase (perhaps it would cost a lot) that would allow them to drive to specific areas and setup small camps with limited abilities such as medical tents, small ammo crates (with small arms), MG nests, etc. I would not recommend TOW launchers unless there is a large premium on them coming from a mobile unit (we don't want base camping).

======================

Added suggestions:

1. Research Options.

2. Research option 1: Artillery Defence Field 1, prohibits a portion of Artillery from entering the perimeter of your base.

2. Research option 2: Artillery Defence Field 2, prohibits a greater portion from entering your base.

3. Research option 3-4: Basic Armor, Heavy Armor.

4. Research option 5-6: Basic air, advanced air.

5. Research option 7: Basic Town Defence. (Small amount high ranked AI spawn in captured towns to defend it)

6. Research option 8: Advanced Town Defence. (Heavy AI presence in towns, spawned MG nests and AT emplacements).

7. View distance defaulted to (at least 3000) I know making it unchangable was a good idea to keep the game "fair and balanced" - to attempt to keep 10,000 view distance people from shooting 1/2 way across Sahrani.

8. Global Funds and Local Funds. If I and I alone liberate a town, I'd like to be compensated more. If I'm working hard defending certain areas of the map, I'd like to be compensated. Say killing 1 AI gives you $1 dollar more per minute or something. It gives players initiative to go out and be the best.

9. Alternative to giving commander money: Taking a portion of player income and automatically transfer it to the commander. This system was ultized in the original CTI and I think it worked well. It stops the stress on the commander from asking for $$$ all of the time. It's kinda like taxes, if the government simply "asked nicely" for your money, most wouldn't give them any. But then who pays for the roads and such? In this case, your base!

10. Choice of respawn: If you have 2 bases (there should be a limit 2-3 at most) then you are given the option while waiting to respawn "Do you want to spawn near the base at the airport, or near the base in the desert?"

11. Commanders are allowed to control 2x the amount of AI a normal person can. (For base defense and such) - perhaps "defense credits" where you can spawn a manned AI defense area where you do not have to worry about controlling them as an alternative.

12. Serious optimization of the mission - honestly you cannot play a 32 play server for 2 hours with JIP and expect to finish a game. 9/10 times the servers crash running this mission. RTS IV had an AI limit of 33 (not 12 like in this mission) + allowed for matches exceeding 55 people without a server crash the entire time, not to mention hackers and stuff were running much more amuck than they are now. I'm not suggesting an AI limit of 33 per soldier, that was too much to handle and made the game chaotic.

Fun suggestions: C130's, F117A's, B2's for carpet bombing, UAV's for reconnaissance (controlled remotely of course), Mando missiles for strategic strikes (costing a lot of course), and who can argue the ultimate long running never going to finish this game omg when's this going to end - end game nuke wink_o.gif