Sign in to follow this  
maruk

Terrain Developers Wanted

External Part Time Terrain Modellers

Bohemia Interactive intends to employ a number of part-time developers to assist with ArmA and VBS projects. Candidates should have demonstrated experience at development of both 3D models (including both buildings and vegetation) and terrain in the BI tools Oxygen and Visitor. Ideally candidates should be able to work independently to deliver completed, geo-specific terrain areas in a timely manner. Successful candidates will be

expected to work from home.

Terrain Developer / Trainer

In addition, one full-time position is available for a person capable of conducting training classes on BI tools (both Oxygen and Visitor). Candidates should be confident at speaking to a group and ideally have demonstrated experience at presenting training on computer software. High levels of competence at using both Oxygen and Visitor are required. The position requires frequent, worldwide travel.

Candidates are to send an email to jobs@vbs2.com detailing relevant experience and also provide an example terrain area with custom 3D models. The example terrain area and custom 3D models must be developed entirely by the applicant.

Applications are to be submitted by the 30 June 2008.

Some clarification:

Quote[/b] ]1. You write "The example terrain area and custom 3D models must be developed entirely by the applicant". I assume that means every building, tree, plant down to the last bushel of grass has to be a completely new model created by the applicant. Is this correct?

No, you may use ArmA models but you need to demonstrate that you can build a significant range of models yourself - perhaps have a town that has buildings and vegetation made by you. The point is that we are not looking for mod teams, but skilled individuals.

Quote[/b] ]2. What about textures? Is it allowed to use BIS made textures or have all textures to be completely new textures created by the applicant?

Ideally the applicant will be able to make textures also, but each applicant will be considered on his/her merits.

Quote[/b] ]3. You write "Ideally candidates should be able to work independently to deliver completed, geo-specific terrain areas in a timely manner". Should the "application terrain" be a piece of "real world" terrain or can it be anything to show the applicant has a "feel" for creating terrain and is able to use Visitor.

The example terrain can be anything, real-world or otherwise. The point is to show terrain editing and modelling skills.

Quote[/b] ]4. What should be provided besides the "application terrain"? Mlod files, visitor source files etc?

Whatever is needed for us to load the terrain in ArmA. Source files are not required initially, but may be required later.

Quote[/b] ]5. Is it possible to send the files on a CD/DVD by snail mail (if yes to what address?) or should I upload it to sendspace.com or a site like that?

If you need ftp space let us know and we'll arrange it. Snail mail is also possible but not preferred, again, please let us know.

Quote[/b] ]Is that actually just for VBS2, or is there a need for terrain guys for ArmA2?

Terrain developers are required for both VBS2 and ArmA2. BIA is handling the applications but the selection process will be carried out by both BIA and BIS.

Quote[/b] ]I've sent an E-Mail containing the required information demonstration materials to jobs@vbs2.com, but yet I did not receive an E-Mail informing me about the arrival of my E-Mail

We may not respond right away, but please don't consider this a bad thing! We'll respond to everyone in due course.

If you have any questions please email jobs@vbs2.com.

cheers smile_o.gif

Sign in to follow this