Sign in to follow this  
MDRZulu

Whose gonna stick with ofp now?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mhh what a stupid topic! You wanted to try out the poll function? Yeah...thats what you wanted cause the question is Bullshit.

Yeah sure I not only stopped playing OFP I destroyed my PC afterwards, burned my house, smashed my car with a baseball bat and killed myself.

<span id='postcolor'>

wawawa you have an opinion I don't like so you're an a$$hole and your topic sucks Wawawa.

Jeez, get a grip bud not everybody's going to post topics you like or think are cool, if you think the topics stupid, then don't read it! Boy that was hard...

In answer to the topic, how much further gameplay OFP gets will depend on a couple of things,

1) How good Resistance is.

2)Whether or not Invasion 1944 can still get off the ground.

3) How good Battlefield 1942 will be, apparently it's shipping with a full set of modding tools! If the gameplay is as good as OFP, then It'll quickly drop to a lower status. Like the WW2 stuff better anyway.

I'm sticking w. OFP despite annoying helicopter bug that came w/ 1.45

I bought OFP for its gamplay, not for mod

and when i get O2, I'll make a crossbow. biggrin.gif

and hunt myself some Hamsters....yummy tounge.gif

yeah lol i will stick with ofp also we just need something to bitch about every once in a while but the truth is ofp r0x0rz jo0r nu70rz p.s. hey wigum what helicopter bug that came with 1.45? i didnt even know 1.45 was out

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeaDEye1809 @ Mar. 02 2002,01:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah lol i will stick with ofp also we just need something to bitch about every once in a while but the truth is ofp r0x0rz jo0r nu70rz p.s. hey wigum what helicopter bug that came with 1.45? i didnt even know 1.45 was out<span id='postcolor'>

1.45 was out today around 8am PST(pacific std time; 17wow.gif0 GMT). I didn't know they were going to release it today either, but while I saw angry ppl at O2 issue, I saw Maruk's news post and quickly-dl-ed it. biggrin.gif

BIS; You fellows are in an interesting business. The virtuallity of this game is phenomenal. I am sure you know. And has farther reaches than mere game-play. First game, in a while, that I made a point to buy thus supporting you the only way I could. I think that there are many bright people, and some not so bright in this community (as it is reffered to). It could have been interesting to see what people could have come up with if they were able. my solution for you children is: release a toned down version for the masses. limited poligons, or lesser algorithms, or whatever you think would distiguish your mods and models (call them Pro) and the amateur world.

Have fun

Wel,l its good according to poll most people are staying with ofp. Im just getting bored of it and the only thing that was keeping me was the new vehicles and such for a while and I was looking forward to oxygen coming out so it kinda took a big blow to my interest. I havent even bother playing online lately partly becuase I hate gamespy and I dont like all the stupid bunker island map crap. Atleast they released Oxygen somewhat but I would have been happy if it was public.

What are you talkin about man?? biggrin.gif Just vote OFP (as a sign that you still love the game) here:

http://www.pcgamereview.com/polls/polls.asp?id=884&view=results

.... and put your own review here:

http://www.pcgamereview.com/reviews/strategy/product_1475.asp

Can OFP win?confused.gifsad.gif

Icabola

PS

===

Current position:

Max Payne 30%

Operation Flashpoint 21%

Return to Castlewolfenstein 17%

Ghost Recon 12%

[ NONE - They all pale compared to earlier years ] 7%

Other 6%

Serious Sam 4%

Red Faction 3%

Expires: 7/28/02 Total Votes: 4367

Why the hell would you ditch a great game like OFP simply because you can't make it the way YOU want it? Its a GREAT game and I'm happy with the Mission Editer. BIS made it... their not answerable to anyone.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gaswell @ Mar. 01 2002,10:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As long as I can fire up the mission editor and write my own missions I won't get tired of OFP. As long as I can modify the AI behaviour with scripts I won't get tired of OFP. As long as I can buy high-quality add-ons - preferably with vehicles I can use in my own missions - I won't get tired of OFP. As long as BIS continues to support and improve OFP through patches I won't get tired of OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

My sentiments entirely smile.gif

As for the validity of this poll, my opinion (for whatever it's worth wink.gif ) is that for once it's the perfect use of a poll. I think it's a very valid question to ask and using a poll like this is a good indicator of people's views, I'm also very encouraged to see the results so far.

It's a shame that as far as I can see only OFPN, the Ofp Editing Centre and Coldwar seem to understand the decision, maybe it's an indicator of the maturity of those sites, obviously I'm surprised and a little shocked by the response of "certain" other sites but then I guess that's why I work for OFPN and not "certain" other sites smile.gif

Bis have given us the gamer so much and yet "people" are turning around and spitting back in their faces, some of the comments people have made about Bis both on these forums and elsewhere are nothing short of disgusting.

I'm "certain" people can figure that one out for themselves wink.gif