Sign in to follow this  
MDRZulu

Whose gonna stick with ofp now?

Well please vote I want as many people to vote as possible. I think personally i would have to go for the unsure option with a mix of the tired of the dead end road.

Oh please, I find it really pathetic that people would leave such a great game as OFP just because BIS doesn't want to release the developer tools to the mass public.

If you're really serious about creating quality mods, you will get a team together and get organised. Look at the invasion1944 mod for instance. BIS is sure to give them the tools.

BTW, I find it really sad that people would leave a game simply because they can't modify it.

You buy the game for it's great content that BIS updates regularly, but you must also remember that OFP is something BIS has worked hard on for YEARS! They still own the copy rights to the game and if they don't want you screwing around with it then so be it.

Immagine you build a car from scratch for instance. You sell it to some guy and the car earns alot of respect from everyone for it's unique design. Two weeks later you find out that the car has had a new paint job, a new engine installed, and has lost all the qualities (that you worked so hard on) that made the car special.

i agree. BIS, also just announced, yet another patch for OF.... not many companies continue the support BIS has with this game...

This is "their" product. They developed from it. They can profit from it. and it's in their rights, legally, and otherwise to control who has access to their software.

keep up the work!

Don't you think you should hear a proper reason before telling everybody not to buy BIS products, I am not backing them on this beleive me, but I want to hear proper reasoning first for what they have done before I condemn them for their actions.

man im sorely disappointing hearing this. i was thinking it would be releasing anyday now to the public but it was all hype. man im feeling disgust at bi. all the time for nothing now i wouldnt be able to make my own little toy.i question if i will ever buy another bi software again.

well i probally will stick with it not sure how long p.s. all you who agree with what they are doing think about it how long are people going to have fun with flashpoint without people making mods or updating it? what about some people who wants to play unrealstic mods with the flashpoint engine do you think it is going to keep people playing it just because there will be a update in 6 months with 2 new weapons or vechiles? ha! i dont think so. keep it up bis and watch your "REALSTIC" game go down

As long as I can fire up the mission editor and write my own missions I won't get tired of OFP. As long as I can modify the AI behaviour with scripts I won't get tired of OFP. As long as I can buy high-quality add-ons - preferably with vehicles I can use in my own missions - I won't get tired of OFP. As long as BIS continues to support and improve OFP through patches I won't get tired of OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sh3ll_Sh0ck2 @ Mar. 01 2002,06:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh please, I find it really pathetic that people would leave such a great game as OFP just because BIS doesn't want to release the developer tools to the mass public.

If you're really serious about creating quality mods, you will get a team together and get organised. Look at the invasion1944 mod for instance. BIS is sure to give them the tools.<span id='postcolor'>

That`s my opinion, too.

Operation Flashpoint is the best game for years, I don`t want to miss it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gaswell @ Mar. 01 2002,11:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As long as I can fire up the mission editor and write my own missions I won't get tired of OFP. As long as I can modify the AI behaviour with scripts I won't get tired of OFP. As long as I can buy high-quality add-ons - preferably with vehicles I can use in my own missions - I won't get tired of OFP. As long as BIS continues to support and improve OFP through patches I won't get tired of OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

good for you you go out and spend 40 bucks every month to buy a new campeign with a motorcycle and wait for bug fixes that dont even fix the bugs they say for example patch 1.42 said that we will fix the annoying # is down repetly thing now did it fix it? nope we gotta wait for another patch to fix it, i admint flashpoint is fun and everything its still my favorie game but the creators are trying to rip us off and make it "realstic" well if you want the mods to be realstic then why not make the game fully realstic before you talk about mods i mean come on people falling through walls bots acting like dumbasses etc. The creators are trying to rip us off if you dont see that then you are a blind fuck

OFP was a great game.

OFP is still a great game.

OFP will be a great game forever.

I can't undersand some people could leave the OFP scene just because BIS decided to make a restricted release of the SDK.

BTW, OFP will still be a great game when OFP2 will be out (if they make it of course) wink.gif

Games doesnt' ged bad because there's sometin' better avaliable on the market.

BIS, we thank you for all the support your are giving to OFP, keep up the good work !

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HBK @ Mar. 01 2002,12:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFP was a great game.

OFP is still a great game.

OFP will be a great game forever.

I can't undersand some people could leave the OFP scene just because BIS decided to make a restricted release of the SDK.

BTW, OFP will still be a great game when OFP2 will be out (if they make it of course) wink.gif

Games doesnt' ged bad because there's sometin' better avaliable on the market.

BIS, we thank you for all the support your are giving to OFP, keep up the good work !<span id='postcolor'>

do you smoke crack? really i mean you must got the best crack in the world. i see that the game pong is doing great in the market i mean its one of the best games out. oh yeah dont forget doom im pretty sure everyone plays doom everyday.

I think that HBK is actually Marek using an alias. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (I)eaI)Eye1809 @ Mar. 01 2002,12:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">do you smoke crack? really i mean you must got the best crack in the world. i see that the game pong is doing great in the market i mean its one of the best games out. oh yeah dont forget doom im pretty sure everyone plays doom everyday.<span id='postcolor'>

yes i've got the best crack in the world, it is named *passion*

DOOM is the only game having a full MP COOP campaign, don't miss with DOOM, if it were not for it, you'll be playing crap from now on, this game has changed the face of all video games

1 year ago i was still playin DOOM in COOP on SGI O2's on my free time in university wink.gif

P4 DDR266 GF4, doesn't mean nothing for me.

Maybe you shoud try playing some Genesis / SFC games on emus sometime biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 01 2002,12:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think that HBK is actually Marek using an alias.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No i'm not biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (I)eaI)Eye1809 @ Feb. 28 2002,13:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The creators are trying to rip us off if you dont see that then you are a blind fuck<span id='postcolor'>

I'm a blind fuck.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gaswell @ Mar. 01 2002,12:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (I)eaI)Eye1809 @ Feb. 28 2002,13wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The creators are trying to rip us off if you dont see that then you are a blind fuck<span id='postcolor'>

I'm a blind fuck.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't be so harsh with yourself smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HBK @ Mar. 01 2002,12:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (I)eaI)Eye1809 @ Mar. 01 2002,12wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">do you smoke crack? really i mean you must got the best crack in the world. i see that the game pong is doing great in the market i mean its one of the best games out. oh yeah dont forget doom im pretty sure everyone plays doom everyday.<span id='postcolor'>

yes i've got the best crack in the world, it is named *passion*

DOOM is the only game having a full MP COOP campaign, don't miss with DOOM, if it were not for it, you'll be playing crap from now on, this game has changed the face of all video games

1 year ago i was still playin DOOM in COOP on SGI O2's on my free time in university wink.gif

P4 DDR266 GF4, doesn't mean nothing for me.

Maybe you shoud try playing some Genesis / SFC games on emus sometime biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you got alot of free time then biggrin.gif you have fun playing coop with the other 20 people playing doom and im am pretty sure you are mistaken dont flame me cus i dont know old games very well but i am pretty sure it was wolfenstien that changed the face of all video games

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you got alot of free time then

<span id='postcolor'>

yep, i was in university biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">playing coop with the other 20 people playing doom

<span id='postcolor'>

4, you can play up to 4 players with DOOM

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it was wolfenstien that changed the face of all video games

<span id='postcolor'>

i've no intention of flaming you, but i can't agree wow.gif

wolf3d was just an improvement of the Gauntlet system with 3d rendering, while doom was in *real* 3d

but no matter what, doom was an impressive success from both technical and commercial point of view (although it was shareware)

so it is doom that changed the face of the world tounge.gif

PS deadeye, you're pretty hard to read wink.gif

lol sorry i try my best to type i suck at it though no grammer or punt. but you agree that its right for bis not to release it to the public =( im just sick of downloading new skins for soldiers fom diffrent contrys maybee their is a person out there one of the best modelers who does not know how to make a mod but just wants to make a gun model look how succesfull the counter-strike custom models are

as far as i know, i u are good (and motivated) enough, there sould be no problem for u to get the SDK, even if it is just for making a new gun

well, if not possible that way, just join an existing team, again, if u are good enough ...

and, well, just an idea, maybe, i said maybe, this *protocol* can make the mods ... how could we say ... kinda official, because officially *supported* by BIS

i mean including new guns and tanks and skins and islands and whatever you need in patches&upgrades

maybe it's just a dream sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (I)eaI)Eye1809 @ Mar. 01 2002,11:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i am pretty sure it was wolfenstien that changed the face of all video games<span id='postcolor'>

Stop dreaming. biggrin.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gifmad.gif

Mhh what a stupid topic! You wanted to try out the poll function? Yeah...thats what you wanted cause the question is Bullshit.

Yeah sure I not only stopped playing OFP I destroyed my PC afterwards, burned my house, smashed my car with a baseball bat and killed myself.

Of course I will stick with OFP no matter how much people whine about Oxygen.