Sign in to follow this  
biggerdave

Port Requirement Woes...

Evening All.

I seem to have a rather perplexing conundrum at my hands. Currently behind a university firewall, I've managed to get the 2302 port open (well, I've got the 2300-2309 UDP ports open, tbh, but 2302 is open, and that's the important thing). Now, in theory this should be all I need to get ArmA working online, right?

Wrong! crazy_o.gif

When I go to multiplayer I can't see any games, both LAN and internet show nothing. This is proving to be a major annoyance to me, because I can't modify the firewall setting dynamically, so I have to wait until 8:30 in the morning before the changes made to the port openings are taken into effect.

So, basically, my question is this, are there any other port requirements for ArmA other than the 2302, 2303 and 2305 UDP, as posted on BIKI? I'm thinking along the lines of Gamespy here (which I'm hearing a lot of people have trouble with), I checked and found that usually opening 27900 and 28900 on TCP can fix this, but, no such luck.

If it's any help (or related to my problems) I get an error stating "no challenge value received from master server" when I try to host a game.

Thanks in Advance for you help. smile_o.gif

PeerGuardian running? It blocked all my gamespy traffic, had to allow that IPs. It used also 27901 UDP for ign/gamespy today IIRC, but that gave me problems only with connecting to our server, browser was fine.

PeerGuardian running? It blocked all my gamespy traffic, had to allow that IPs. It used also 27901 UDP for ign/gamespy today IIRC, but that gave me problems only with connecting to our server, browser was fine.

I'm not running PeerGuardian on my PC, I don't know about any of the other university machines though.

I'll try opening 27901, but the problem isn't that the ports for gamespy might be blocked, I know they're blocked, I just need to know what they are confused_o.gif

EDIT: Nope, that's not working, still not seeing any games... sad_o.gif