Sign in to follow this  
justinas91

performance

i have a qouestion related to compiuter system specs i whant to know what kaind of compiuter the developers of the ffur mod use or you to play the game with there mod with the setting maxed uot resoliution 1024 864 and draw distance 1200

because i have 7600gs 256mb agp 8 1500ram amd64 2.4ghz

and i get terrible lags in mision battlefield maybe if i change to 7600gt 512mb agp 8 it will help because of the 512mb video memory ?

Battlefield mission usually lags with any mod that has a lot of scripts and/or big smoke effects. The mission should run fine without mods or mods that are light on the system such as GRAA or ECP.

AFAIK resolution doesn't make a difference in OFP. Set it to you screens native resolution.

How much RAM is that? I have 1GB and Battlefield runs fine. IIRC it ran fine when I had 256MB RAM.

Keep your terrain detail to low or normal.

If it is still not running fine disable shadows and see how that goes.

I keep my draw distance at 900 (apparently, this is the distance used by the BIS developers, according to a post by Suma) and my terrain detail at low. For 'Battlefields', and any other large engagement scenario, I turn off shadows. I find this particularly necessary for FFSX 2.5. It's still very good visually and excellent, gameplay-wise. GRAA, ECP, and FDF run great.

maybe there is a mod that reduses the draw distance of shadows that you could see shadows that are for example 50meters of you not 1000m like in original game and that would increase the performace.

and turning shadows of helps but with shadows it is better looking game.

i had the latest ecp it was greate but i wanted better looking models then the original and when i moded to have the better models it became lagy as ffur

i keep the terrain detail always on low

and i have 1536mb of ram

The 7600 GT 512mb is a superclocked version. AFAIK eVGA superclock's it. Even with my 7600 GT (agp 8x) I still experience lag when putting terrain to very high otherwise massive improvement over fx 5200.

i have a qouestion related to compiuter system specs i whant to know what kaind of compiuter the developers of the ffur mod use or you to play the game with there mod with the setting maxed uot resoliution 1024 864 and draw distance 1200

because i have 7600gs 256mb agp 8 1500ram amd64 2.4ghz

and i get terrible lags in mision battlefield maybe if i change to 7600gt 512mb agp 8 it will help because of the 512mb video memory ?

The 7600GT isnt much of a boost over a GS model, and the amount of Video RAM has little to do with performance. I know that FFUR isnt developed on a terribly fast PC, and an old game like OFP doesnt always reap the benefits of newer hardware. I'd follow previous advice and cut down settings. Make sure you have the latest drivers, and try reinstalling Windows if you havent done so in a while.