Sign in to follow this  
Metallic

Waiting for server problem..

When the multiplayer game starts up, i see "The countdown begins", then "Waiting for server"......but no matter how long I wait, no matter what server, it says that and i never connect. Why??

Also, the game freezes when i try to create my own game...and when i enter an IP into the IP Adress part in Multiplayer, nothing comes up....

system settings are:

AMD-Athlon 1297.4 MHz

368 MB RAM

CPU Benchmark result 2286

Microsoft Windows XP

Version 1.42

my guess is windows XP all the new new windows operating system programs suck major ass and you should get windows 98 or lower fast. no joke that thing will fuck your computer up.

It's not XP, I use XP and it works supremely well with Opf.

I have had this problem ever since the game's release...I have never yet been able to play online with OFP although I can connect easily with other games. I have consulted Codemasters and tried their advice, uninstalled, reinstalled, patched, prayed and cursed but nothing ever gets me beyond the "waiting for server" and the "cannot memory-map file dta campaign.pbo" or similar! Part of the appeal of this game is to play online against human opponents and I despair of ever getting there.

BIS please, please help.

AMD Athlon 1Ghz Processor

256Mb SDRAM

M/Soft Windows ME

nVidia GeForce2 MX 32MB

Cable connection

McAfee Internet Firewall ( set to fully allow)

I can't go on much longer.