Sign in to follow this  
chris330

Silverstone Half Marathon

Completed the Silverstone Half Marathon on Sunday just gone in 2:07:39. Here's a pic of me crossing the line:

pic4smallpm0.jpg

It weighs 10 kilos all in. Still taking donations here for Cancer Research, and I've yet to reach my target:

Fundraising Link

Many thanks to anyone who donates wink_o.gif

Congratulations, but please watch your filesizes smile_o.gif

nice one, 10kg is quite a weight especially for a half marathon, the most i've done before is ten miles with 5kg. Did you have to do much training with running weights?

Hi,

Not really to be honest I did loads of training without weights and then just a couple of runs wearing it to make sure I could do it on the day. Was buggered by the end though. Everything was fine but the last 3 miles were purgatory. There was a guy there running with a 30kg fridge on his back, now that's insanely heavy!!

Spoke to an ex-army chap who said running with a rucsac and adding sugar bags to it is a good way of building tolerance to running with weights. I've got some webbing so I'm going to start doing that and gradually build it up as I've got more crazy stuff planned in the future of this nature!! wink_o.gif

I use a reebok weighted vest and ancle+wrist weights which is more balanced than using customised ones, though one thing I noticed is that after using weights while running for a while and you run without them you get horrible cramps in the legs, so I find it to be a bit of a comitment and only really use running weights if im on a fitness binge

That's a very good idea. I thought using the webbing would be better than a rucsac for me because it would hold the weight all around my body not just on my back. Sounds like your weighted vest does a similar thing wink_o.gif