Sign in to follow this  
Owuor

Rough & tough civilians

I know the question has been asked before about how to arm civialians and make them attack western forces.

I have been successfull in doing this...but...I want to make civilian pilots in Cessna planes perform airstrikes on western units.

I am doing addmagazine, addweapon etc to arm their planes, grouping them with an eastern unit to make them bad, and setting destroy waypoints, trying "dotarget" and "dofire" commands...with NO effect.

How can i make civilian planes open up on western (or any) units?

You can't arm planes like that. You can only arm men through the mission editor. To arm a plane you need to adjust the config.cpp file to give it weapons (in short make a custom addon). However, there are some planes already made with weapons out there.

You can download a resistance Cessna here that is armed with a MG and bombs.

Well, I can arm the Cessna that way...I can fly it myself and use the weapons if the pilot leaves the plane.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addmagazine "MaverickLauncher";this addweapon "MaverickLauncher"<span id='postcolor'>

Putting the above in the init field adds 8 Mavericks to a Cessna.

My problem is how to get a cessna that is armed in this manner (and piloted by a civilian) to fire upon Western forces...

Anyone tried this? smile.gif

That doesn't seem to work when I test it. Nor does grouping civilians with eastern forces. I have also tested gettting in an empty cessna (armed with Mavericks) with a civilian under my command and having him pilot. When I tell him to attack various targets, he says Negative.

Anyone else have ideas??? There must be SOME way to make this work...

My kingdom for a civilian who will fire his missiles!!! sad.gif

i managed to arm a cesna with 192 rockets...sometimes it takes a minute or two for them to arm.

you may hve to go with a Resistance fighter instead of a civ

wouldn't DOTARGET and DOFIRE work in this case?

edited by myself:

oops - i should read careful, sorry, i've just seen, you

already tried that.

So maybe you could use a way around, by placing a

mini-object very close to the soldier or group (hint: setpos),

to be attacked. Then try DOTARGET and DOFIRE onto this

object.