Sign in to follow this  
SBSDelta

Graphics anomaly

Ok i have a graphics problem , in the form of a constant and extreme flickering, in game which makes it impossible to play.

I have recently built a new pc and the specs are;

Asus P5-NT Deluxe

Twin 8800 GT in SLI

Core 2 Duo @2.66

XFI Extreme Gamer

2gig Dominator Ram.

I have tried about 6 different graphics drivers, and also tried playing the game in different resolutions with differing combinations in the settings all to no avail, the problem is constant and unplayable. Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah v synch is off, guess ill have to keep messing about with it til i find a cure .

Afaik, if you're using Vista you can't disable vsync because OS don't allow this. Regardless of your settings you won't get more fps than your refresh rate.

In XP it is important to turn vsync off in GLOBAL profile, not game profile, BEFORE you enable SLI.

Don't use default ArmA SLI profile. Use nHancer to copy ArmA profile and disable default one. Then change SLI Mode to New AFR.

Also, make sure your X-Fi is in Game Mode.

Afaik, if you're using Vista you can't disable vsync because OS don't allow this.

Thats amazing,

With my Vista,

Vsync Enabled= graphic issues with several games.

Vsync Disabled= graphic issues are gone.

With my Vista,

Vsync Enabled= graphic issues with several games.

Vsync Disabled= graphic issues are gone.

Yes, I've noticed that it sometimes helps for some glitches but you won't notice any fps gain. Also It didn't help me for HDR screen flashing.

Also, when Vsync is off it's IMPORTANT to have Triple Buffering turned ON. I suppose that was probably what helped me to get rid of my flashing screen problems.