Sign in to follow this  
Rough Knight

Making Ai send radio message.

Hi guys,

My searches have proven fruitless on this subject sorry.

I am using "zonekilllers" support pack V2, and I want one of my AI guys to radio in an equipment drop.

I'm not quite sure how this works. When you go to Map, you have a radio present. The first option is "call support". Once you click on that option on the radio it gives you another 5 options listed below:

airstrike

ammodrop

artillery

Helistrike

transport.

My AI man "him" therefore needs to send commands via radio "alpha" which is 'Call support', then "bravo" which is 'ammo drop'.

Any tips on how to do this? Setradiomessage seems to allocate a text value to a radio position 0-9. I can't see any other scripting options containing "radio" to try.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Frosty

The easiest method is to ignore the radio trigger since they are for players only AFAIK. In the radio trigger on act there will be some code which triggers the appropriate drop/support.

Just put that code into the waypoint where you want the AI to call the drop in from, or a trigger sync'd to him with it in the on act.

Hope this is clear, I've got a stinking headache and can't think totally straight.

I have used this script in most missions I have made.

You can also edit the file to change how often AI use the support script.

9 times out of 10 they call in re-inforcements rather than anything els, but I'm sure as j_frost said you could set a trigger for the required support shouldnt be too hard to work out.