Sign in to follow this  
ricnunes

Can't run edited missions on dedicated server!

Recently I started to edit some missions in order to play in a dedicated server of Armed Assault hosted by a friend of mine, but the problem is that while the mission runs OK if I launch it in a Internet Game from my computer, that same mission doesn't run if I place it on my friend's dedicated server - the mission is copied to the "MPmission" folder in the computer where the dedicated server and it's selectable in the mission list but after selecting that mission nothing happens, and I only see the "waiting for host" messenge. If I select other missions everything goes ok.

I need help in this one. Thanks in advance for replies...

It may be that the server is lacking the addons you used to make the mission, editor upgrade is a usual suspect.

First of all thanks for the reply.

I solved the problem by saving the modified mission as "User Mission" instead of "Export to Multiplayer Mission" as I previously did and thought was correct.

That will work normally, only if you have a very basic mission setup.

If you are using scripts, advanced .sqf or .init files, and custom made descriptions, the only way I'm aware of to make the mission and store it in your dedicated server is to goto your 'Arma other profiles' directory where you store the edited missions, finding your folders, and using a tool such as BinPBO to create a .PBO file out of the folder, and manually move it to the MpMissions in the arma directory.

When you start doing this you can really start to make some good advanced missions.

You can progress through your scripting knowledge and make templates for future missions, making it really easy and fast to make advanced technical missions.

Good luck!

First of all, thanks for the reply.

Humm, I see and you're right, if I save the mission as "User Mission" no scripts are loaded.

But let me get this straight, while editing the mission and before packing the mission with BinPBO and moving the mission manually to MpMissions to dedicated server's ArmA folder I must save the edited mission using the "export to multiplayer mission", right?