Sign in to follow this  
bennie1983nl

I wanne learn O2

hi to all

I started this topic because i wanne learn to work with O2,

to make also addons.

I wanne make this pistol:

Pistool_Browning-1922-1.jpg

The M25 Browning family of the TT55 (@ the RES addons)

I tried Brrseb TutS but i can't go futher with the lods and the mass stuff...

so i tried: ATSTWalkers site

Well i got it so far in O2:

wipm251vy2.th.jpg

wipm252ja0.th.jpg

I used the INS (insert) key and places point and connected them with F6 and the i pressed "W" to create a face.

i copied i side a place it next to the other and conect them 2.

What do i do wrong? banghead.gif

welcome in the crappy oxygen biggrin_o.gif

well to create a face, you don't need to use the "w" key. press 2 times the "f6" key, with the needed vertexes. (3 or 4).

- 4 if the surface of the addon is a planar face

- 3 if the surface of the addon has a round shape or hole etc etc.

btw you should use "create a plane". with that you can follow the shape of the gun (you just need to attach the planes) with the help of a blueprint. when you have a basic shape. you can break some faces and add the needed vertexes.

sorry, i stopped to use oxygen for the modelling, 3 years ago. so i have maybe forgot a lot of things.

personally i recommend to you: anim8tor. this is a free 3d program.

btw Brsseb's tuts are the best. And you don't need the lods and the mass stuff at the start of your project. wink_o.gif

@D@nte i never heard of thta program... i can give it a try.

Well i start to solve a problem

wip2ux8.jpg

wipm25nxm9.jpg

yeah, this is better. don't forget to use sharp or soft edge. this is important to have hard edges and nice faces smile_o.gif

not bad. but you should create your own textures. pictures have already shadows and lights, which often don't match the lighting in game. smile_o.gif

It takes a fair amount of photoshop skills, Personally I think the best way to get a foot hold in o2 is to make static objects, making a weapon I fear is to big a step for a beginner.

It takes a fair amount of photoshop skills, Personally I think the best way to get a foot hold in o2 is to make static objects, making a weapon I fear is to big a step for a beginner.

"static objects" also need textures

@ DeadParrot thanks for the link!

I cut my teeth making weapons. It's taken me since 2003 to go from making crappy models to making decent stuff and being able to texture it. Bennie, it's a long process, make no mistake.

Your model isn't symetrical, although its not wonky.

At this point your biggest friends are: Copy and Paste (ctrl C and ctrl V), the ability to lock an axis (the X, Y, XY, etc buttons up on the top bar), and the scale tool.

Also you don't have to connect everything, it might be better to model some parts seperately and simply move them into each other.

Biggest thing is don't worry about getting it ingame or texturing it, just keep making models, as you make more you'll learn things for yourself and improve.

Quote[/b] ]I cut my teeth making weapons. It's taken me since 2003 to go from making crappy models to making decent stuff and being able to texture it. Bennie, it's a long process, make no mistake.

yes, sure this is really long. i spent 1 year to learn that, before to be able to present some good stuff for the ww2ec mod.

if you want my opinion. o2 is just a bad 3d program.

It takes less time to learn how to use a real program 3d. i mean basic functions. And you have a lot of tools really useful

- bevel

- extrude

- inset

etc etc etc

@Bennie, try anim8tor or wings 3d, and if you want to import your model in oxygen, i can help you with 3dsmax. or if you want the last program, send me a pm.

Oke well..

I Have to learn alot

First i was starting to hate O2

but somewere it is also fun rofl.gif

sapndau1ge7.jpg

A rapid build Spandau Dutch AA gun build with standart shapes like: box cilinder ectra

link to the dutch spandau

wip021zh2.th.jpg

well back to the handgun

I skipped the pistool

The Spandau ( was in WW1 a german MG-gun*) has many basic shapes.

i am so far:

wip02ju9.th.jpg

dutchaagunqu0.jpg

*The Spandau M25 was during WW1 by the germans the Maxim (Maxim LMG 08/15) of 1908, based of the 1901 model.

Select faces and use U and I to sharpen or soften faces.

Boxes for instance should be sharpened. Curves softened. The end of a cylander should be sharpened (if thats how it looks), for instance, whilst the rest of the cylander should be softened.

As you get more advanced you can start adding more shape to whatever you're making. Good to see its symetrical though!

Select faces and use U and I to sharpen or soften faces.

Boxes for instance should be sharpened. Curves softened. The end of a cylander should be sharpened (if thats how it looks), for instance, whilst the rest of the cylander should be softened.

As you get more advanced you can start adding more shape to whatever you're making. Good to see its symetrical though!

First i tough what are you talking about.... crazy_o.gif

but i find out what you mean.

thanks for the tip! rofl.gif

i am back

spanivib6.jpg

spaniv2fv6.jpg

wip02oe1.th.jpg

what do you think? needs to replace a little bit..

If i wanne put this in-game as an empty opbject

how much i make the config file? (as a not working object)

ironsrf1.th.jpg

this topic may be colsed by a Opperator.

i learned the basics of O2

Thanks to all for your time smile_o.gif