Sign in to follow this  
Ike_fin

Short viewdistance for ai?

Yes i would like to know how can i simulate night for AI so that they wouldnt see more than 50m in night because they have no NVG?

not sure if this is possible ...

hope im wrong as id like to use it myself ...

i was led to believe that only the skill setting or combat mode of the ai can be altered to try and create the effect..

please correct me if im wrong .. i usually am whistle.gif

If nothing in the scripting seems to help, there is something I think could work. Maybe this has even been done already in OFP? Might be worth checking how some smokescreen addons, which supposedly blocks the AI's view, were done for OFP.

Create an addon which is invisible to you, but not to the AI.

A wall which blocks their view but doesn't affect collision calculations. I'm thinking in the 3D model files there is possibility to do this, as I recall the 'level-of-details' are separated so that you can have the physics geometry, visual geometry and 'view' geometry separately. This leads me to thinking this could be exploited to make an invisible wall which blocks only the view of the AI. I could be wrong though, as I never tried to do it. It could block also your view.

You would then put such walls around them into the distance you want.

Not really good, but I think if you want to achieve it, this way you could. Maybe.