Sign in to follow this  
ricnunes

Dedicated server auto restart

I would like to know how to enable auto restart in a ArmA dedicated server so that everytime the server crashes, it restarts automatically?

Thanks in advance for replies...

First of all, thanks for the reply.

Well, a friend of mine which has a PC running a dedicated server already put it running as a service but it isn't restarting automatically.

A really don't have a clue what I should do more regarding this, I would really apreciate more help regarding this subject.

make a file called restart.bat and add the following you will need to change paths and stuff.

Or you could download my dedicated server tool that will set it all up for you click my sig and look for dedicated server tool

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

@echo off

echo +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

echo +++++++++/````````:++++++++++++arma_server.exe+++++++++++-```````.+++++++++++++

echo +++++++++-        `++++::::::::://+++/:::::/+++::::::++++`        :++++++++++++

echo +++++-.:+.   `     :+++`          .++-   `.`++-     `+++:    `    .++++++++++++

echo +++/- `:/    :.    .+++-    -/.    :+/  .++::+`     -+++.   .:     /:`./+++++++

echo ++/`  `:-   `+:     /++-    -/.   `/++:/+++.`.      :++/    :+`  ```  `:-:+++++

echo ++:    `.    .`     -++-         `/+++:+++++-  `    :++-    `.   `    .` .+++++

echo ++/      .          `++-    .-`   `+++++++/-/.`:    :++`         `    ..:++++++

echo ++/`    .`. -++.     -+-    :+.    /+/:++++``::/    -+:    `/+: ``   -+++++++++

echo +++-    .`.` /-       :`    `/.    .+- .+++: `+.    `+`     -+` `    -+++++++++

echo ++/`   `/::::.Restart Application for Armed Assault Server.:::-----`  :++++++++

echo +:``-- .++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++: `  /+++++++

echo /`-++: :+You will need to close this to stop the server restarting: .+: -++++++

echo +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Server Created++++++++++++++++++++++ -/++:`-:/++++

echo ++++++++++++++++++++Date:26/12/2007 Time:22:09:00.6239190++++++++++++++++++++++

:RESTART

"D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma_server.exe" -server -config=server.cfg -port=2302 -mod=ArMaTeC  -netlog

FOR /F "TOKENS=1* DELIMS= " %%A IN ('DATE/T') DO SET DATE=%%B

FOR /F "TOKENS=*" %%A IN ('TIME/T') DO SET TIME=%%A

ECHO 3 %TIME% 0.33 %DATE%

GOTO RESTART

Thank you very, very much armatech, that's exactly what I looking for!

You saved my (virtual) life! biggrin_o.gif

damn i try to figure out that script the only thing it does to me is activate arma exe like infinitely so i better stop running it is there someone that knows how to just start it up once when crashed or to start up

what did i do wrong

@echo off

:start

"C:\ArmA\arma.exe" -server -config=server.cfg -profiles=c:\ArmA\16RD

goto restart

it startsup but dos thing dispears and when arma console gets closed or crashes it wont restart

@echo off

:start

goto restart

The label names don't match. Just change :start to :restart to make it work wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]@echo off

:reSTART

GOTO reSTART

makes me infinitely loops the startup

Could you try opening a command line window and running this line to see if it's correct? If there's an error in there, the infinite looping will occur...

there is no eror in the command line

with infinite loop i mean that the command works well but launches the server infinitely =with this i mean i can have 100 servers running in like 20 seconds

there is no eror in the command line

with infinite loop i mean that the command works well but launches the server infinitely =with this i mean i can have 100 servers running in like 20 seconds

Very odd. I tried it, and there's only one server opening at a time. The batch file waits until that's closed, and then jumps back to start the next, so working as expected.

I tried it both with v1.08 and v1.09, same for both.

maybe it is cuz im using sprocket version 1.08 that didnt contain the arma_server.exe

i have to add -server in the paramater of the game exe to run as server

maybe it is cuz im using sprocket version 1.08 that didnt contain the arma_server.exe

i have to add -server in the paramater of the game exe to run as server

I've tried the arma.exe with -server as well, same result. Working as expected.

Have you tried the v1.09 beta, to see if there's any difference with the sprocket arma.exe?

to me this works better

:begin

c:/game.exe

goto begin

Or you can try dedicated tool (serverdoc is a must have and free). Then all you have to do is put the program in the "Scheduled Task" when "starting computer" or "log in" (depends if you prefer the server start even if no user is logged in, or if you want it to wait the server user to log in)

Old post but well could be useful for the next guys to come tounge2.gif