Sign in to follow this  
skypine27

Anyone else think royal flush stinks?

I have Queens Gambit installed, and thus have Armed Assault patched to 1.08 (1.08 patch seems to come with the install of Queens Gambit).

I just played through the Armed Assault campaign (never played the game before 1.08 was released).  I thought it was totally awesome.  Much better than I remember the original Flashpoint 1985 campaign being.

Now, I just started playing the Royal Flush campaign.  I am not enjoying it at all.  Im on an early mission where I have to drive some crappy 4 x 4 through the woods to a "concentration camp" and a "labor camp", then call in some transport trucks to pick up the prisioners.  These missions do not seem enjoyable what so ever.

And the whole buying weapons thing from Dealers.  Sound fun in theory, like stockpiling weapons in the old Resistance game.  But, in practice, I don't like it at all, just like I tought it never worked well in Resistance.  If, because of a save game bug, you have to hit "revert", it seems you lost everything you bought in the previous mission, and start off with some default stuff. And, where do you "put" weapons you find in the field to use them on the future missions? In a truck that may or may not be yours in the next mission? I don't have any documentation to Queens Gambit, maybe that's my big problem with the weapons thing.  

Again, I just dont find Royal Flush fun at all.  Anyone else feel this way?  I just swtiched to Rahmadi.  Played trough first mission, assault the beach.  Seems fun so far.

Thoughts?