Sign in to follow this  
skypine27

Help with team switch, dont fully understand it

I just installed Armed Assault and Queens Gambit, and am playing through the Armed Assault Campaign.

I played through Flashpoint so I am not new to the series, though I have some questions.

One:

How do I turn off the intro!?! Is there a -command I can add to the shortcut, or do I have to have to use a loader.

Two:

I dont really understand the concept of Team Switch, in the last mission (I think its the last mission anyway) of the Armed Assault campaign. Im playing through Final Countdown -Tsunmai.

Anyway, I clear a small field with about 10 dudes and a striker, then a prompt "Team Switch Available" comes up. Theres LOTS of players to pick from. Two harrier pilots (which I find to be a waste to play in this game), maybe 6 chopper pilots, a tank platoon, and the original guys and striker I took over the clearing with.

How does this all work. If I continue with my original guys, will the harriers and choppers take off and do their work? Or will they sit there until I play them? I swtich to the tank platoon and I see they seem to be "playing" without me, but the air units don't. Is this correct?

Thanks guys.

One: like OFP with -nosplash

Two: with Teamswitch you get the new feature to switch into another unit by choice. Try it out - you can have different own ways of "walkthroughs". wink_o.gif

For the -nosplash command, do I need to use , or ; ?

i have other mods loaded

D:\GAMES\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=DBE1;@DurgsVegetationFix;@SIX_Pack1

Will the air units play on their own, in the final mission?

Thanks again.