Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

Ww1 minimod

@ProfTournesol

nice pictures, my primary intention is to create a players friendly map, with no "trench built as an object" which cannot be crossed by soldiers. And then of course my map will not be realistic cause the trenches will be "WRP built", so much too big and much too wide (OFP limitation), BUT playable. Of course everyone is welcome to create its own WW1 map, i'll be pleased to release it with this mod.

I create playable positions. Off course, not always my positions can by crossed by AI...when i hawe this troubles, i am re-building defence, changing objects or installing "gates" for AI soldiers.

At the moment i've created a map with a very long WRP trench (several hundreds of meters), a no man's land in front of it (with craters, destroyed houses and dead trees).

How deep and how latitude this trench? Mayby, you can build realistik fort from fortress Verdun, or another place?

I can not worked in WRP....but i hawe this idea for release.

I build many "the fort-s", buth hawe some troubles - is create from wery meny elements, AI hawe troubles with crossing wall-s...only from gates and gun-posts.

I think, war for fort with hundred meters long walls and reality trewerses inside,what defending casarmes....its funn!

If someone can provide me with players' friendly "trenches as object", i'll be very pleased to use them. But attacking a trench that cannot be crossed by AI is not fun.

I use object "PC foxhole" - in role of "breast-work". This object - is a short trench for 2 soldier. Is not long - look like 8-10 meters, 2 meters on the ground.

Wery gud sit down on the relief.

AI soldiers can crossing this object.

From "FinnishMOD" i use "W" trenches. AI soldiers can crossing this object, buth i dont know, haw did i can install soldiers inside the trenc for defend.

Tanks dont like this objekt - "epylepsia" waiting tank, what cross the trench.

Wire line - i like destroying types, buth AI dont like any types - dont wonna cross this, destrojed is or not.

So, i create wire line from sections, with the gates for AI.

If you want, i can send you addon "PC foxhole", and finnish trenc....if found last one in addon folder.

My e-mail i send you in priwate messige in december.

Hi,

nice ideas, Inman, maybe you should go on working with WRP tool and create a map for us...(quite simple in fact). I've got other ideas for trenches but i'm quite busy at the moment. Some other guy seems to be willing to help on map and campaign, could be nice to work all together.

Some good news, Vilas kindly allowed me to repack his WW1 weapons, that's what i'm doing at the moment (very time consumming...). I really do like this community  inlove.gif

@Dynamite_cow : nice to see you around here, yes the fact that soldiers do / don't have the gas mask on / off can be easily checked in a script, because of a "fake anim", usual ofp trick.

@nizyn : I'm waiting for some authorization ... as usual ... to adapt and use some gas attack scripts.

By the way, do someone know if "mustard gas" had some colors ? Because the gas attack script will feature some "smoke" i guess...

The soldiers look great with the gas masks on! Would there be any way to make visibility difficult or limited while wearing the gas masks?

(I know, like the chaos,smoke/gas, and elements are not enough)

Also, like in Civil War mod, will there be any chance to see some famous faces like individual commanders?

Hi,

nice ideas, Inman, maybe you should go on working with WRP tool and create a map for us...(quite simple in fact). I've got other ideas for trenches but i'm quite busy at the moment. Some other guy seems to be willing to help on map and campaign, could be nice to work all together.

ProfTournesol

Well....i hawe only one or two time work in WRP-Tool....hawe no any user guide for this programm....especially on russian language.

And look like, i uncorrektly installing this programm.

I think, teaching my self for WRP was wery long time...

If you send me link for last wersion correktly WRP-tool programm, mayby.....i luck on this time.

Looks good Inman (aren't they from Phil Commando http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics/sectionpics/FoxHole.jpg)

but it seems a little bit curious to me only two man in one position and it's very long (hope you know what I mean crazy_o.gif )

That would be better http://members.lycos.nl/nomansland/pics/trenchbuild3.jpg But I think it's a very hard work. But I've got an idea when you take the script that every soldier had a special place in the trench (like get in car as gunner from the action menu) wouldn't that possible (same in the Invasion '44 2.5 mod, the dogouts you know, there you can get in like in a car or tank) ?

By the way some tanks

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/1975/wwi_tank.htm

Some addons (I love the Fokker E. III really great)

http://members.lycos.nl/nomansland/addons.htm

Looks good Inman (aren't they from Phil Commando http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics/sectionpics/FoxHole.jpg)

but it seems a little bit  curious to me only two man in one position and it's very long (hope you know what I mean  crazy_o.gif )

That would be better http://members.lycos.nl/nomansland/pics/trenchbuild3.jpg But I think it's a very hard work. But I've got an idea when you take the script that every soldier had a special place in the trench (like get in car as gunner from the action menu) wouldn't that possible (same in the Invasion '44 2.5 mod, the dogouts you know, there you can get in like in a car or tank) ?

By the way some tanks

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/1975/wwi_tank.htm

Some addons (I love the Fokker E. III really great)

http://members.lycos.nl/nomansland/addons.htm

Ya, thats write - this foxhole my favorite object.

For trenches is too small, i wonna see his longer in 2-3X(30 meters...), and more widely.

I think, is a good for theme WW1, if use in long-widely modifikation, and....turn around.

Frontal breastwork with gunners places transformed in BACK breaswork. Strong and high back breaswork transform to frontal breastwork, do his not so high....do his for high of soldier siluet in shut position.

On the flanks objects - trawers...when you build position, this trawerses look like real, especially if create hole in back breastwork.

Big object "trenches" from No mans land - i think, is worked only on the field, not on the ewen small hills.

Places for soldiers in the trench by scripts - i think, for narrow trenches is a good. Buth how is worced fpr many soldiers?

Now my "battles of WW1 style" - is 100-150 fighters...30-80 in defence, all another - charge.

Now i reconstuktion "battle for Galicia, 1915-16", rusian offensive....reality - 10 attack was down from MG-fire, i can not destrojed all MG-position by gun-fire.When i crossing wire line, i was shut down from the infantry, contrattacked from second trench...

This battlefield here:

My Webpage

Well, the gasmask will be best, when it will be in equipment, like NV googles. Sorry from my English, I'm from Poland and I'm 12 years old.

@Inman I've reworked the pcfoxhole a little bit make it larger and deeper and insertet a "catwalk" (don't know what it called in english) it's just an idea NO ADDON STEALING I just wanna show too you what I mean and you all know pictures are more than words wink_o.gif and must be some barbwire MG dogouts, etc and behind the trenches some artillery positions.......

http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trench04bf1.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trench03pa1.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trench05gl9.jpg

@ProfTournesol just take a look

@Inman I've reworked the pcfoxhole a little bit make it larger and deeper and insertet a "catwalk" (don't know what it called in english) it's just an idea NO ADDON STEALING I just wanna show too you what I mean and you all know pictures are more than words wink_o.gif  and must be some barbwire MG dogouts, etc and behind the trenches some artillery positions.......

Yes, i see this piktures from Hindenburg line. I hawe little collektion photos(aerial and on the ground) and maps battlefields of WW1, from internet. Need this for theoretical studies and field searching....i research defence objects from 19 century, WW1, years of 1920-30 and WW2.

Fortress, forts, redoubts...some battery, field fortifications and especially - "beton-objects"(pill-boxes, shelters, and all...).

Thanks for creators Finnish MOD - i see in his wery nature trenches, shelters and pill-boxes.

Wery realistik russian pill-boxes from Liberation MOD - i hawe contact with creator this objects,in role of consultant.

Great and wery, WERY realistic pill-boxes - from checz MOD ACSR1938, buth i hawe troubles with installing MG inside pill-box.

About modernisation "PC foxhole" - well, i dont work in O2light or another programm.... sad_o.gif

Yesturday install Willbur...something island create, buth in WRP-tool i hawe troubles with correctly installing directories with texture and all another needes files.

icon_rolleyes.gif need studies more.

I hawe idea - create objects look like breaswork:

- frontal breastwork, long 15-20 meters, with imitation of bags with sand, with embrasures for fire;

- back breaswork, long at 10-15 meters;

- trawerce.

Do it all lpossibility for crossing AI soldiers.

Buth....cannot do it - i am not able. banghead.gif

AI in OFP can't run into the breastworks, bunkers or other blocades on their way. They will just avoid that objects. Soldiers can probably get the position, when there willl be some stairs...

AI in OFP can't run into the breastworks, bunkers or other blocades on their way. They will just avoid that objects. Soldiers can probably get the position, when there willl be some stairs...

That is answer, why i like use PC foxhole and trenches from Finmod - AI soldiers CAN cross this objects.

Not ewer time (sometimes they like com into redout from "PC foxhole" from gate,not from wall), buth can do it. I dont know, hawe is released by creators...buth is fact.

Well, in IWW mod there need to be longer breastwork to make a line.... So, you can re-make PC's positions.

Quote[/b] ]Buth....cannot do it - i am not able. banghead.gif

I know what you mean m8 believe me I know it *lol*

Thank you for that discussion, men, it's very interesting.

Inman, you gave me some ideas here. Well, some "trench as object" experiment, in fact "trench wall as fence/ breastwork" :

ww1trenxf0.jpg

In fact, it's quite convenient to build trench systems, but with some limitations :

(1) trench walls must not be too close (i mean that the trench itself must be quite wide, twice as wide as it was in WW1 in fact), because of Ofp pathfinding problems. I put a road into the trench to ease the pathfinding.

(2) Trench walls must be quite low so that defenders can shoot.

One trench system will be made of : one front line trench with MG's, perpendicular communications trench leading to reserve and command trench with bunkers. The map will be made of : two trench systems with a No Man's Land in between. Some forest and nature around the battlefield. Some undestroyed villages in the rear lines, some destroyed ones in the No Man's Land.

It won't be perfect but it cannot.

the trenches look quite nice smile_o.gif, personally though i think you either need to remodel or retexture the Vilas weapons.

Great job on those trenches! Will be see further details like woodwork inside or certain objects littering some areas (like destroyed trenches)?

Grat work ProfTournesol, your idea with the No Mans Land sounds great. Will there be some fortified artillery positions behind the trenches (could be on a little hill, that the AI don't shoot in the trench)?

Inman, you gave me some ideas here. Well, some "trench as object" experiment, in fact "trench wall as fence/ breastwork" :

In fact, it's quite convenient to build trench systems, but with some limitations :

(1) trench walls must not be too close (i mean that the trench itself must be quite wide, twice as wide as it was in WW1 in fact), because of Ofp pathfinding problems. I put a road into the trench to ease the pathfinding.

(2) Trench walls must be quite low so that defenders can shoot.

One trench system will be made of : one front line trench with MG's, perpendicular communications trench leading to reserve and command trench with bunkers. The map will be made of : two trench systems with a No Man's Land in between. Some forest and nature around the battlefield. Some undestroyed villages in the rear lines, some destroyed ones in the No Man's Land.

It won't be perfect but it cannot.

What island and what objects you used for this battlefield?

I dont remember in my OFP breaswork like your.

We can barter "mission" without soldiers, only def positions.

Distance from frontal and back breasworks can by longer at reality, but we can install inside some objects - traverses, ammo boxes, barrels, tents or something also.

About quite low - write, now i constructed (from objects)trench, what hawe "shuting sectors" and "shelting sectors" - for full high soldier.

Troubles about "crossing" trences can by released from traverses...for this recomend used object, what can be crossing units.