Sign in to follow this  
Giaky

Desert storm released

I agree with Avon, it's overkill, and I didn't see anything that couldn't have been done with add-ons instead (and a lot that already has been done). So instead you get a lot of new units that can't be used outside of the mod. I expected a lot more from a 10hour download (dial-up 56K).

I think this is the way a MOD should be installed , i love it! Just 1 thing , the aim...it seroius...sucks arse! I hated the Demo aim and this is the same i see, Satchels Aim is fine..or the orginal one... But :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Mods Rocks <span id='postcolor'>

Keep up the good work! And hope you can add some missions to this great MOD Or even better , make a new Campaign! And i also belive that some Spec Ops units would be great...with the M4A1 Relesed by FliPPer , you maybe should ask him to take it in the mode? And make SAS & Seal units would be just great , Maybe Seals wearing the M4A1 & SAS using Steyr Aug biggrin.gif , and Spec Ops for Kuwait =) , but for now , just go to Hawaii and take a break wink.gif.

Firstly hello to all here. I d/loaded this as soon as it came out. I was at first full of hope but as soon as I started I began to doubt it. I guess it all started with a cutscene modded from the original where the Cesna was at the airfield and the guy answers the phone. Well in the mod there is a chair on open ground and a floating phone that he answers!!

Griping apart, at least they have tried to do something which is a whole lot more then I could ever hope to achieve. I have stuck at it and it does give some different slants on the way you attack certain missions.

For those that are getting stuck on the training because of the lack of any assault course, I first started the original game and guaged how far I had to run in metres before I had to crawl. When I put that into practice in the naked mod it worked!

The bottom line is, i you have exhausted all the missions made so far it is well worth a go.

Risky? not! It works fine and dandy and my first mission is almost ready for it!

If the readme scares you off, I guess you might wanna buy a PSX. A thrue PC gamer and enthusiast is not scared by a couple of cut'n'paste operations. Besides, if you are'nt up to re-installing a game, what do you do when your pc crashes? endure the slideshow of GPFs ? (Blue screens for the PC impaired) Wait t'ill things get better? Yikes! Would'nt wanna be stuck playing with that type of an installation... tounge.gif

The desert strom mod is quite good, but it isnt that realistic. I mean - an M1A1 dark-yellow colour with Desert Island, YOU CALL THAT CAMOFLAUGE???!!!! the camoflouge is crap. some of the sounds are just taken from a TV Set when it has no signal, the islands are just changed from Everon to "Desert 1" and have no desert land in them, and plus the original vehicles have bits of yellow and pink on them! I shouldnt be too offesive but thats the truth. Sorry guys, you did a good job but not good enough...

Ok. I tried to give it a chance, Hoped it would pull thrue, but...

It was not to nice on the installation bit, the sound pack is'nt reallistic, and I admit, All of it could of been done with addons. I't going off my drive, and will be back only if installation stops requiring more than just a few files.

2 copies of the whole Codemaster dir is to space-hungry (All I have is a small 30Gig drive).

Sound pack sounds more like a B movie sound track.

No missions came with "Mod" (over done addon, if you ask me).

Many bugs in editor whilst using scripts, a buddy told me.

Better luck next time, Nice try, though.

Also it appears that everytime OFP gets an upgrade, Desert Storm will need an upgrade...they have a 9M download at their site now to make desert storm 1.45/46 compatable....Come on, someone needs to rework the whole 'Mod' to make it a simple (yet large) addon to OFP, instead of a seperate install...this is ridiculous, delete time, unless they put out a really great Campaign for it, it's just not worth all the trouble.