Sign in to follow this  
KingN

.ogg problem

I'm having a problem with the musics in my missions. I put this script in the description.ext file:

class CfgMusic

{

tracks[]={Intromusic};

class Intromusic

{

name = "";

sound[] = {\music\Intromusic.ogg, db+30, 1.0};

};

};

then I put the my music file intromusic.ogg in the music folder. But when I start the mission the music doesn't come up at all and it's all quiet confused.gif. Does somebody else having this problem. I made the music-file from a mp3-file: first converted the .mp3 to .wav then to .ogg. Could that be the problem? Please reply!

I've had that prob when converting mp3 to wav then to ogg. Convert mp3 straight to ogg instead with wave surfer or one of the other programs.

Edit: Well it did work (mp3->wav->ogg), but it was extremely quiet.

I had also problems with ogg (versiondifferences by decoder problems, I think). THen somebody pointed out: you can use wav. So try MP3. Your mission will be a bit bigger, but it works

Yeah, try to convert directly from mp3 to ogg, but if I see your description.ext then I have my doubts about it. Try this instead:

class CfgMusic

{

tracks[]=

{

intromusic

};

class intromusic

{

name = "intromusic";

sound[] = {\music\intromusic.ogg, db+0, 1.0};

};

}

Hope that helped

First I tried to convert the mp3 straight to ogg but it didn't work. Then I tried it wav file and it did work  smile.gif. But now the music track is 44 mb big... a bit bigger than the 4mb ogg file  wink.gif. I think I'll try the ogg file again if I could get it work. Thanks a lot everyone!