Sign in to follow this  
Crackbone

Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan

Is anyone interested in beginning a (mostly multiplayer probably for ) modification that represents the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan? This is a long-neglected conflict with plenty of opportunities for interesting and innovative game-play. Most of the models can probably be adapted from modifications for OFP (both vehicles and men). I'm searching mostly for modelers and maybe scripters of exceptional talent and skill (though I plan to do most of the scripting myself and some modeling). What I hope to create is an accessible, innovative, polished and orderly mod. I'm disappointed by the many modifications whose components are published piecemeal that finally fade away. Anyone?

This is a great idea. It could fit together with a modern afghanistan mod. Act I & Act II sort of thing.

Best of luck! thumbs-up.gif

If i hear things like implement soldier units from OFP addons it scares me, seriously vehicles, ok but that also needs lot of work to make it look 2007 but the soldier models, even the good ones released for OFP wouldnt fit at all in ArmA i think.

Id say wait a bit till some mods released their stuff ( Vilas Coldwar project, CSLA, RHS ) and then see what is useable ( get permissions before release wink_o.gif ).

Dont see why things need to be made several times.

Maybe start with some maps, then you got a good base and see where things can develop.