Sign in to follow this  
Raz0rx

QG Altered mission - Single Mission 4 - "Gunship"

[sarcasm]Wow, what can i say? BIS - you keep making this game better and better... [/sarcasm]

Ok, so... on this "new" mission, ugh... ENDLESS problems.

I can find ONE path, where i don't get shot out of the sky completely randomly by something i can't target, OR see.

So i go down this path, coming up to the left of the convoy, along the ocean... i get near the convoy, and i lift up (from flying 2-5ft above sea level) and my chopper (no matter what i do), as soon as i start to slow down, OR lift, or both - starts to spin, near uncontrollably, making it near impossible to take out the convoy without constantly moving my mouse to the right (lucky i have a big mousepad!wink_o.gif Then i take out the entire convoy, and fly over the area to make sure, and the game decides NOT to trigger to tell me to go back to base, and WOAH WHAT'S THIS!? I get randomly shot out of the sky from something i can't target OR see... AGAIN!

Thanks BIS, keep up the GREAT work.

*pats heads* banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

It was changed in 1.08.

Anyway, I've played it a few times without problems. I think it's much better than the old one, which was worthless because it had no challenge or anything special about it.

Your chopper is probably spinning because you got shot in the tail rotor icon_rolleyes.gif

Any you must have missed one or more vehicle in the convoy, because when you destroy them all you get told to go back to base. Maybe you missed a truck that went to hide in the town or forest huh.gif

This is one of the few official missions that I actually think is good.

1.08!? I don't think so... i finished all the sp missions after i installed 1.08, then i installed QG and they'd all been reset and mission 4 had changed.

And;

No, the tail rotor is spinning, i haven't even been seen, let alone hit.

AND, if a vehicle had driven off, i'd be able to auto-target it, easily.

Considering i can auto-target vehicles from 123987m away.

1.08!? I don't think so... i finished all the sp missions after i installed 1.08, then i installed QG and they'd all been reset and mission 4 had changed.

After I installed 1.08 I played this mission and it changed. It has the short intro of you getting dropped off by the Humvee, and the new music playing, right? As well as many AA soldiers and a base with Shilkas to avoid.

Quote[/b] ]

And;

No, the tail rotor is spinning, i haven't even been seen, let alone hit.

Weird. The chopper flies fine for me. I don't know what could cause that.

Quote[/b] ]

AND, if a vehicle had driven off, i'd be able to auto-target it, easily.

Considering i can auto-target vehicles from 123987m away.

Real Hellfire missiles are normally used from several kilometers away, so the range seems fine.

I played this mission and finished it at least twice without anything going wrong with it. Maybe try it again? Maybe it was just some rare problem that happened huh.gif

dohh have you heard of AA soldiers?! smile_o.gif they dont show up on your radar as red blops. rofl.gif

You had to been shot at by one of them i guess..

i think they are randomly placed and or are inside the convoy trucks maybe. biggrin_o.gif

Can't say i've ever seen an AA soldier in ArmA... sad_o.gif

It's still retarded, i don't even see a missle... it's just BOOM no explosion but, oh look no more tail rotor, BOOM, oh look yet again no explosion but HEY IM HEADING TO THE GROUND.

Fuckin' stupid if you ask me.

Don't choppers and shit get a warning tone if something is locked on to it? huh.gif

And i dunno how it changed in 1.08 for you guys, but when i bought the English version of ArmA, i installed 1.05, then 1.08... THEN played all the single missions, and it was still the original Gunship mission i played in 1.00/1.01/1.02 Czech.

For me, it didn't change until i installed QG.

Hi,

A warning might be received if there is an active source acquiring the target (for example radar beams, laser), there is no such warning if there is a passive acquisition mode such as used by heat seeking MANPADS like the Strela or Stinger. Therefore the launch signature may well be the first indication for a pilot that his aircraft has been acquired by an AA missile.

It pays to move carefully in Arma regardless of being on foot, in a vehicle or aircraft. One should always try to use the terrain to mask the helicopter's movements. Good rules of thumb are to fly low and to pick a route that mimicks the way water would flow through the terrain. That ought to minimise exposure to observation and fire.

Regards,

Sander

Yeah, i passed it the next day.

I loaded my save, did everything the same way, but this time my chopper didn't fuck up and start spinning left (also the blackhawk did this to me in the training mission last night too, just before i had to go pick up the troops) and somehow magically i didn't even get shot at by any AA, and took out the convoy without anything taking a single shot at me.

Strange, strange game, this one.