Sign in to follow this  
CarlGustaffa

formationDirection messes up

Hi

I'm experiencing some strange behaviour reagrding formationDirection. Not just the value it returns but the formation is actually this value as well. Conditions as follows:

I start as leader of squad. At some point in the mission I'm ordered on a little sidemission and have to do it alone. I join another group (via script , and assume leader position) whose other member is then deleted so that I can take it's waypoints (none at this time, unknown destination). I do my mission and return home guided by a generated move waypoint. I enter a trigger and join my old squad. For some reason, team assigns has been forgotten but that's another story. I use selectLeader player to lead my old gang, and I'm number one in the squad.

But now the formation is all screwed up. They never adjust to travelling direction, and/or they readjust formDir as they see fit -- never my way that's for sure. It seems to be pretty much locked in one direction when we stop.

Anyone know what may be the source of this behaviour?

It does sound like the AI formation is somehow locked, and it's not overridden when you rejoin. I would try shuffling the 'joins' to try and change the behavior. For example:

-Try joining the AI to *your* group when you rejoin the original group.

-Try joining the AI to a null group at the sidemission start instead of making you join a new group.

-Try removing the other group member from the group you join from the group *before* deleting him.

I'm not sure where the behavior comes from, but you might be able to avoid it by playing around with who joins whose group.