Sign in to follow this  
CarlGustaffa

Mines

Hi

How can I utilize mines in a mission? I mean, an engineer has a limited amount of mines he can use. Is is possible to script a minelaying, i.e. continue mining randomly until a vehicle is empty?

Also, is it possible to remotely make a mine explode? How about minefields, can only engineers disable mines? Can player do it regardless of class?

I have a minefield already scattered in my mission, but would like to couple it with anti personell mines. How would you achieve this?

Quote[/b] ] I mean, an engineer has a limited amount of mines he can use. Is is possible to script a minelaying, i.e. continue mining randomly until a vehicle is empty?

Yes. You can create mines on the fly. Only problem is that any heavier vehicles used to lay mines will also detonate them if they are created too close.

You can also use waypoints to have engineers lay mines and play an animation with the laying process to make it look real. Additionally you can add a mine eacht time one is placed, so you have sort of neverending ammo for the engineer.

Quote[/b] ]Also, is it possible to remotely make a mine explode?

I´ve played around with this a while ago and I found no way to detonate them remotely.

Quote[/b] ]How about minefields, can only engineers disable mines?

No, every infantry unit can do this.

Deactivate Mine

Quote[/b] ]Can player do it regardless of class?

Yes.

Quote[/b] ]I have a minefield already scattered in my mission, but would like to couple it with anti personell mines. How would you achieve this?

Setup little triggers where you want the AP´s to be, activation Anybody and camcreate handgrenade east when the trigger is fired.

Tried yesterday with my squadleader character. He was not able to disable mines put out in the editor. So I guess this "skill" would have to be added, and that only engineers is able by default.

However, we were stormed by enemy troops from a base, and they crossed this minefield on foot. I ordered in a DPICM artillery strike (selfmade based on Mr. Murrays artillery script, and the addon M119 which has this munition), and I found that these grenades destroyed the mines. So even if they can't be set off remotely, at least they can be destroyed. Nice. Will have to look more into this.

Quote[/b] ]and that only engineers is able by default.

By default all SF units, Spetsnaz and engineers can remove them,

but you can script the action for every infantry unit available.

Quote[/b] ]and I found that these grenades destroyed the mines

What do you mean by "destroyed" ? Did they dissapear, blow up or simply got useless ?

Using setdammage 1 does nothing to the mines, so I´m a bit sceptical there. Could be that the ammo is a vehicle class ?