Sign in to follow this  
The Jub-Jub Bird

Is this caused by 1.42

On Thursday the 21st of Febuary 2002I installed patch version 1.42 for Operation Flashpoint. That night whilst playing the game my system went up the buggery and locked-up. Not to deturbed I shut down my PC and said I'll fix it on Friday.

On Friday the 22nd of Febuary 2002 I turned on my PC only to have new hardware wizard telling me that it has found a new PCI device on my machine...well that was odd I thought. Anyway I let it look for the appropiate drivers of which it found none and got on with booting up my computer. Only to find that when my computer was ready to rock 'n' roll there was absolutely no sound whatsoever. Couldn't play MP3s, Music CDs, DVD videos, games, anything. I looked in the hardware divice listings and my sound card had effectively disappeared. All the Creative Sound Blaster Live! software was still on my machine I and installed the drivers about 5 times over, but to now avail. I have tried uninstalling the game and runnig a system restore to Sunday the 17th, but that hasn't worked either.

Has anybody got any ideas? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I need to get this solved...taking it to get fixed elsewhere would be expensive...plus my computer is my entertainment. I listen to music, watch films and play games all through my PC...if I get no sound from it I would be displeased.

Jubs

Never heard this one before.

No matter. You should first uninstall any sound drivers you have, reboot and reinstall the latest available sound drivers for your card. Check creative's site for the latest drivers.

yeah, I have actually already tried this...but I'm going to give it another shot.

One thing I've been meaning to ask you, are you really a chick?

When you boot up, can you tell if your motherboard sees the device. I know on mine it shows that a multimedia device is using irq10. So if you are booting, look closely and find out. If for some reason it "used to" show up, but now it's not, try moving the card to a different pci slot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Jub-Jub Bird @ Feb. 24 2002,17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One thing I've been meaning to ask you, are you really a chick?<span id='postcolor'>

As in a bird? biggrin.gif

Actually as weird as it might sound driver version 23.11 was the cause for sound shuttering and graphical anomalies on my system. After l installed 27.30 it was all ok!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 24 2002,18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Jub-Jub Bird @ Feb. 24 2002,17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One thing I've been meaning to ask you, are you really a chick?<span id='postcolor'>

As in a bird?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

touche...

Anyway this topic might as well come to a close...things just got worse. After my modem failed after trying to find the latest drivers I opened my machine to see if anything was odd...I saw nothing and put the case back on, only then to have nothing out mf my machine and then to have a loud explosion in my PSU. God knows what was going on back there.

Essentially I am now out of the community. No more game playing, no more movie watching, no more listening to my huge MP3 collection. My campaign and addons have no doubt been destoryed...along with my site that I was about to put up, my college work and many sentimental pictures which I had stored on my PC. I built that computer for the cost of over a grand...I now have ot find similar money to replace it at a time I am trying to save in order to get me to Hong Kong for my job next year and the equipment I'll need when I am out there including a new laptop. Basically...unless I win the lottery I will have no computer for a long long time...

Goodbye community...I've loved being apart of it...

Jubs

...Oh no worries...not as bad as I had thought. My sound card has blown, the explosion was a capacitor or transistor or something exploding, so all I have to do is replace the sound card. Whatever happened for my sound card to suddenly die was nothing to do with the new patch..just thought I'd clear thato ne up.