System specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU  T7300 @ 2.00GHz  2.00 GHz

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT\256MB\v7.15.11.126

Sound Card: Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC\v6.10.0.5407

RAM: 1022MB

ArmA Version: v1.08 European DVD & Queen's Gambit Metaboli.de English Download

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit OS

ArmA starts, can play for a bit, but then the game stalls, audio stutters and sometimes I get a BSOD after that. I've tried the -maxmem=256 command and changing the compatibility to work with Windows XP Service Pack 2 but to no avail.

Please don't say something obvious like "Vista sucks, don't use it" as I know it does but I don't have XP installed on here and I have to resort to using it. Same with the graphics card, I know the 8xxx series line is unstable at best. All I want is a solution that doesn't require me changing or modifying hardware, if there is even one.

(Sorry for the earlier post, pressed "Submit" by accident)

Sorry to not be able to help but I have a similar rig. My game also crahses with an error message that reads 'Armour has encountered a problem and needs to closee etc....

File error reads Offset: 00408f51.

I have no clue and though that your and mine sounded like similar probs good luck

What error does the BSOD give you? I sometimes get audio stutter or random sounds followed by a BSOD - with an audio driver error.

This usually happens if I've used the PC for other things first, especially applications involving audio. It's so infrequent that I can't pin-point the exact cause so I'll have to wait for better drivers from Creative (long wait due).

Try clean booting your PC before playing ArmA and don't alt-tab while playing, or install XP as a dual-boot system.