Sign in to follow this  
Squirrel

Same old Maxmem but I dont know how

Hi all,

I have the same problem about 8800GTS and Vista my game CTD's after about 5mins. Ive searched the forums for an explanation how to do this maxmem 512 thing but there isnt actually an explanation.

As far as i know people say add it to the ArmA shortcut and I dont know what that means could someone please briefly explain thanks

This is what my target box reads in my desktop icon it was pass along from a BDA member, it's been posted in these forumns somewhere thing regarding the error messages an also post regarding vista. Whether it's correct i dunno but seems to help my AMD Anth 4600+ 2.4 Dual, WinVista 32 bit.

-mod=FDF_Sounds -no splash-maxmem=512

-mod=FDF_Sounds -no splash-maxmem=512

That's not going to work. Rather <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-mod=FDF_Sounds -maxmem=512

The way you wrote the nosplash command messes up the maxmem parameter too and prevents either from working. Nosplash doesn't do any good either. ArmA loads during the splash screens, all you are doing is replacing them with blank screens.

Edit: But he may not be using that sound mod. So: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> -maxmem=512

Edit again:

Right click your desktop icon and add that to the end of the target line to use it.

Hello,

I recommend familiarizing yourself with ArmA Launcher by Kegetys, can be found from:

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

launcher.png

In the options dialog of this program you can easily adjust the maxmem parameter. Among other things it lets you do easily is managing which addon folders you want to load.

Best Regards,

Baddo.