Sign in to follow this  

Current Arma patched

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I bought Arma a few months ago and found the game unplayable due to several bugs and other issues.

I want to reinstall the game and give it another try, but how has the game improved with the current patches out?

Several things I noticed was the weapons wouln't fire in full auto or even burst, units wouln't follow certain commands, controls were difficult, etc.

It would be nice if most of these basic issues have been fixed.

Also, is there a way to easily clear out and remap all the controls?

Thanx

It sounds like you were having more problems than would be accounted for in the patch history. It sounds like most of your problems have to do with not knowing or learning the controls.

All of the controls can be remapped in the controls section of the options. Editing them is very easy, but the default control scheme works very well. I used to play ofp with the cursor arrow and surrounding keys, but moved to wasd for ArmA because it offers much more control.

The patches have improved a lot of gameplay and performance issues, but nothing has been totally overhauled. You may as well give it a try, though, since it doesn't cost you any money to download and apply patches. No patches are going to turn ArmA into BF2, though, in terms of controls or anything else, so bear that in mind.