Sign in to follow this  
zeep

Freezing and agp stuff

i found this in the faq. but can somebody explain to me what this guy is talking about and how i can retrace his actions pls.

------quote from faq

One of possible solutions:

I also was haunted by freezings in OPF. There was no good solution in the fora alltogether, but one thing seems to be clear: being owner of a AMD 155 mHz and Via bus on main board, I definitely had a problem. I've tried everything and finally, this weekend, I succeeded.

I figured out that Windows had set my Via bus master PCI IDE controller for primary and secondary IDE controllers to standard. I changed that in the settings for system into activation of both IDE controllers (I'm sorry I don't have the correct english names for the steps you must take, 'cause my Windows 98SE is Dutch). After this I reset the computer and from this time on, after trying every solution from the fora, OPF is running in high mode 32 bits like fluid on grease!

Thanks Robert van Dijk (Nijmegen, the Netherlands)

----/quote

He is talking about his ide controller. Look in your controlpanel/system/hardware devices/ for ide controllers. What does it show? A standard ide controller or what you ACTUALLY have. I don't know what your hardware is, so go to the website of your manufacturer and they should have a decent driver for your ide controller.

Look at it like this. Would you rather use the standard SVGA driver(from Microblows) for your shiney new GeForce4 or would you rather use the one from nvidia?