Sign in to follow this  

Stringtables...

Well I know in OFP that you could change squad names or the name of HQ all via the stringtable. However is this still possible in ArmA if so what needs to go into the stringtable as I assume its all changed since OFP.

In OFP you also had Papabear and Firefly, is there only one HQ in ArmA or is there another? If so whats its name?

Also how do I make a totaly blank screen for example at the start of a mission so the screen is black? I have tried doing a long fade in/out but in ArmA this doesnt seem to work.

Cheers.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/sideChat

Way down on page for strings that work. I've tried them, but don't know if they are any problems now in 1.08

Edit: But I've only managed to get two "stations" to work simutaniously, unfortunately.

I tend to use gruipID's for squadnames, but if it's a general string I assume you can do this via stringtable.

Well my stringtable looks like this...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">LANGUAGE, ENGLISH

STR_CFG_PAPABEAR, PAPABEAR

STR_CFG_FIREFLYBASE, FIREFLY

STR_CFG_GRPNAMES_NOVEMBER, NIGHT SCORPION

I want HQ to be called "Papabear" instead of "Crossroad" and I want to rename Group november to "Night Scorpion".

I even checked the ArmA stringtable to check if the names were all correct which they are. I assigned the squad with November using the groupID but all the names still have default names.

Sounds scary. Is it the group id using custom names that is broken or using stringtables to do it that is broken?

I'm using custom groupnames through setting groupids in an earlier mission I made (for self only), I have to check if this mission still works in 1.08.