Sign in to follow this  
UNN

Proxies and Bulldozer

When I try to view binarized BI models in Bulldozer, via a proxy i.e Select Create, Proxy, then browse to P:\Ca\Wheeled\HMMWV.p3d

It always hides selections.

Proxy.jpg

You see the selections flash on the bulldozer view briefly, then there removed. The proxies work fine in game, just not with Bulldozer.

Any idea if I can fix this?

Cheers

not quite sure i follow...

Do you have the standard BIHummer.p3d that came with BIS's example models open and you are trying to view this model in Buldozer?

Or, do you have another model open and you have a proxy in that model points to the ArmA ca\wheeled\hmmwv50.p3d?

Under which ever virtual drive letter you have setup for O2 do you have a folder called 'ca'? And, then under that folder are ALL (well pretty much) your addons from the ArmA\AddOns game folder...

the various models seem to display fine in my setup...

although not quite what you are referring to i think, but he is an example where i opened the BISoldier.p3d from the exmaples and applied the .rtm 'P:\ca\Anims\Characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\sit\stp\non\non\AmovPsitMstpSnonWnonDnon_basic.rtm' which gave me a sitting position. Then I saved this model as "P:\ca\temp\UAZ\Cargo01.p3d".

Then I opened the BIHummer.p3d and viewed it in Buldozer...

This was the result...

ArmA2007-10-0102-00-33-59.jpg

You'll also notice that you can see the bottom of the M2 in this picture. In the BIHummer.p3d there is a proxy to the M2 which is a binarized standard ODOLv40 model so binarized content seems to display ok in Buldozer...

Just make sure everything is under "P:\ca"... give it another go...

Sorry though if I've misunderstood your problem.

PS. Also, as a test I just binarized the previous cargo01.p3d I made up into it's ODOL equivalent and overwrote "P:\ca\temp\UAZ\Cargo01.p3d" with it and it still displays ok in Buldozer...

Quote[/b] ]Do you have the standard BIHummer.p3d that came with BIS's example models open and you are trying to view this model in Buldozer?

Or, do you have another model open and you have a proxy in that model points to the ArmA ca\wheeled\hmmwv50.p3d?

I need to be able to view all the standard Arma addons in Bulldozer, so I'm trying to point to the content of the games addons. I moved an unpacked version of vehicles.pbo, to my P: drive (P:\Ca\Wheeled\HMMWV.p3d).

I create a single proxy as described above, then try and view it. Bulldozer does not report any missing objects or textures and it does briefly draw the object correctly, then quickly hides the selections.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry though if I've misunderstood your problem.

No worries, I can view the MLOD addons distributed by BI ok. Only I need to view all the games objects as proxies, for reference. It works ok for simple objects like ammo crates e.t.c just not for complex vehicles.

Cheers

Got it sorted now:

Proxy1.jpg

I had to create a Model.cfg for the object holding the proxy:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgSkeletons

{

class Car; //Define base class.

class ProxyCfgObjBones: Car

{

isDiscrete=1;

skeletonInherit = ""; //Inherit all bones from class Car.

skeletonBones[]={};

};

};

class cfgModels

{

class Car;

class ProxyCfgObj: Car

{

skeletonName = "ProxyCfgObjBones";

sectionsInherit="";

sections[]={};

};

};

Huh? I'm trying to understand what I'm reading and looking at ....

The wheels and roof gun ring are proxies ?

Quote[/b] ]Huh? I'm trying to understand what I'm reading and looking at ....

No there selections. The only way to view a binarized object in Bulldozer, is to point to it with a single proxy. Only Bulldozer will hide most of the default selections, unless you tell it which skeleton to inherit from.

Quote[/b] ]Huh? I'm trying to understand what I'm reading and looking at ....

No there selections. The only way to view a binarized object in Bulldozer, is to point to it with a single proxy. Only Bulldozer will hide most of the default selections, unless you tell it which skeleton to inherit from.

Arh !! Got it now.

Thanks UNN