Sign in to follow this  
F-16

setPosASL

I know I am going to get pounded for not searching this one but I did icon_rolleyes.gif

When I try to place a static object on a roof (ie ammo crate) with "this setPosASL [ getPosASL this select 0, getPosASL this select 1, 27.5];" the object is either about 2.5m above the roof or about 1m below (measuring from the actual bottom of the object) but i cant get it in between no matter how many decimal places I add. If I put 27.2 the object is about 2~3m lower and its the came every time. banghead.gif

You have to watch the setpos commands when used with objects that have one or more roadway LOD's. Like bridges and multi storey buildings. Same applies for SetPosASL.

For example, if you have a bridge with a roadway, 10m above the ground. You can setpos an object at 10.01 m and it will sit on the roadway. Setpos it at 10.5 M and it will be 10.5 meters above the bridges roadway.

There is a small tolerance for roadways, if you exceed it, the object is positioned relative to the roadway and not the ground. So you have to use trial and error. But it helps to get a rough idea of how high up you will be setting the object, then work from that.

then how come i cant get it to atleast appear to touch the top, is there some weird problem with buildings that have a small lip around teh edge (is that why objects wont go below it?)

then how come i cant get it to atleast appear to touch the top, is there some weird problem with buildings that have a small lip around teh edge (is that why objects wont go below it?)

some buildings have an invisible ramp near the edge so u can walk over the edge, maybe thats whats causing your prob.

Without knowing what building your using, it's hard to say. But try dropping yourself over the roof top, and see if your feet touch the roof. If you still get a gap, when your standing on it as a player, then it's the way the object has been setup.