Sign in to follow this  
EcOGunner

ArmADev Admin Mod Project

This is what i want to develop in the ArmA Dev site

would like to find some people willing to help with this project

ArmADev Admin Mod is a Arma plugin that allows you to administer your armed assault server while playing the game from your client console. Multiple administrators with different permissions can be set up, each with their own password. You don't need to give your server's main password to all your administrators anymore.

It will also supports scripts written in the small programming language that add new features to the core program.

Soon The Features Will Include:

1) Set different access levels for each authorised administrator.

2) Reserve server slots for administrators.

3) Make the server a "private" server only accessible by registered users.

4) Kick, ban or gag disruptive players.

5) Change maps through direct commands or a vote

6) Balance teams

7) Restrict weapons & vehicles

8) Ranking System if wanted

ArmADev Admin Mod will be compatible with Windows and Linux operating systems.

looking for others that want to help in this project please pm me if u want to be apart of this project

ArmA doesnt run on Rcon

sounds just like BF2cc Daemon

Would be good but you would have to engineer Rcon functions into Arma

look at all the games that use Rcon : CSS, BF2, ect ect.

ArmA has almost the same command functions as Rainbow 6 Raven Shield.

Look into the Raven Shields N4 Admin and try to empliment it to ArmA, Has alot if not all the features that you listed and then some more, runs of a website that you designate it to where mutiple Admins have there own class/restrictions and can adminiter the server from there. Also it does a streaming chat log via IRC if im not mistakend, But was a proud supported of the N4 Admin, would love to see it emplimented into Arma

A Web based control panel for a server - I will be impressed then.

i just put rcon as if it was one because u have one main password for the server as a admin samething as a rcon the just exsample

TCadmin works the same way, just TCadmin is Rcon based, I use TCAdmin to edit the server configs, load missions ect ect to the server, also the edit the command line. If TCAdmin could be administored into ArmA then you would have Mission control, server start stop and restart, also kick/ban olayers

N4 did all of TCAdmin and then some. Was the best thing to cometo the RvS community, last i heard someone modded it to work for Ghost recon series, But Web Administration is nothing new, and helpful for people that dont want alot of commands to remember,

Rgr Eco, there is just so much wrong with the Rcon interface it scared me when i saw the Rcon in your post!

i understand i do not want to use a rcon based system my self it was just a word that i should delete from that post now im looking for the team thats willing to help design this i cant doo it all my self im just learning how to code my self right now but if i can find someone who can be the leader of this project it would be good

Im not that great on coding myself, but will get the N4 feature tear it apart for you and see with we can impliment it to ArmA

Just to put my two cents into this topic.

Different access levels. Never going to happen in arma. The commands for admin are so limited now anyway why bother.

Only registered users on the server. Look for some posts about this from me. There are some recent ones in here. Ive done it and have a working system but it will not transfer to any missions. The whole server has to be setup correctly along with the mission.

Holding slots open for admins will require either internal scripts in a mission to create a player slot on demand or you will need to fake a session to hold it.

Gagging a players chat might not be as easy as you think. You will need to block the packets from the server, inspect them and then pass them on if you want. Nothing else in the game to do this unless you break the exe apart.

Kicking a user is not easy as well. The game has no support as of 1.08 to do this thru scripts (prolly for good reasons atm). The only real way is deny all their network traffic from the server and you will see xxx is loosing connection. Then they drop later on.

Changing maps cannot be done as each mission needs to have specific goals met. You could set the timer in memory down but that does not always work correctly.

Balancing a team is not easy as well, again you will have to send packets to the clients along with the server from that client (Forging packets) to simulate the change over. Can be done however and i might have a few working examples of it laying around

Restrict wep/veh's This is something only an in game script can do. The way the missions are created goes against this whole idea. Arma just does not work that way.

Ranking system - It's been done before. Look around on posts about it from me or others. However its up to a mission to support it.

Sorry if it seems ranty or what ever but just my input on the matter. Been working on a remote system for Arma (See my link below). Almost there but i am slower than a yugo with a blown motor.

but u think everything is not easy thats way we r doing this

the evening up the team is not easy the baning is not easy the kicking and more and more and more is not easy but intill i think our development team cant do then we will quit but by someone saying its to hard to do u think im going to stop trying no way developers never stop trying sorry to say

but u think everything is not easy thats way we r doing this

the evening up the team is not easy the baning is not easy the kicking and more and more and more is not easy but intill i think our development team cant do then we will quit but by someone saying its to hard to do u think im going to stop trying no way developers never stop trying sorry to say

Honestly I don't think any of it will be easy. It's true, if it's easy then it would have been done by now. Please don't take me as saying it cannot be done. I am not saying that, I am just saying that it will take some people who really understand things to make it work. You are going to find that there is nothing there to help your quest out. Like i was saying in the PM I sent you, you will almost have to reverse most of the game to figure out any way of doing it and then you would have to write something to almost emulate the game.

In any case, the point of my message was to give ideas on how some things could be done. Tossing ideas out there that might help or maybe they don't help at all. It was not shooting your idea down at all.

IMHO, nothing is impossible. I can't code, I can't script etc... But from previous experiences you can achieve anything if your willing to put your mind to it.

The more people you have working on a program from which Ecogunner is talking about the better. 10 programmers/coders will achieve more than one programmer/coder. They can all code/program/develop in their own ways, which is different from others, and im sure you understand that. (No offense intended their Nutty_101).

Im sure if all the programmers/coders/developers came together and teamed up with BIS, im pretty sure something solid can be made. This however will never happen, which is a very big downfall on ArmA. sad_o.gif

I can see from your topics Nutty_101, also topics from other people such as Doolittle. Your all trying to achieve the same goal. So with everyones brain combined, doesn't that make sense? I understand the timescale differences, but thats what ArmA Dev can be used for.

Just to clarify, I don't in anyway want ArmA like BF2/COD/CS, because ArmA will suck big time if that happend.

This is basically my opinon, I feel you all should come together and see what you can come up with everything taking place behind closed doors, so that means no public beta testers. If you have a team working on the program, im sure they can test the betas, or release alpha stages to certain servers that are trust worthy.

IMHO, nothing is impossible. I can't code, I can't script etc... But from previous experiences you can achieve anything if your willing to put your mind to it.

The more people you have working on a program from which Ecogunner is talking about the better. 10 programmers/coders will achieve more than one programmer/coder. They can all code/program/develop in their own ways, which is different from others, and im sure you understand that. (No offense intended their Nutty_101).

Im sure if all the programmers/coders/developers came together and teamed up with BIS, im pretty sure something solid can be made. This however will never happen, which is a very big downfall on ArmA. sad_o.gif

I can see from your topics Nutty_101, also topics from other people such Doolittle. Your all trying to achieve the same goal. So with everyones brain combined, doesn't that make sense? I understand the timescale differences, but thats what ArmA Dev can be used for.

Just to clarify, I don't in anyway want ArmA like BF2/COD/CS, because ArmA will suck big time if that happend.

This is basically my opinon, I feel you all should come together and see what you can come up with behind closed doors, so that means no beta testers. If you have a team working on the program, im sure they can test the betas, or release alpha stages to certain servers that are trust worthy.

Oh i agree with you on that. I was more over just stating what i know about doing something like this. I don't consider myself a good programmer to be honest.

It's just several of the items on the list; Arma is almost designed not to support. So doing so will be very hard to implement. Yeah, can be done as we all know anything can be. Heck, people decompile programs all the time and re-write portions of them to do what they want. They even reversed the WOW servers and made their own so they can play how they want.

like I said, I will be amazed if all that can be done. I am sure some of it can be done as you can see in the prior post I made.

Quote[/b] ]Oh i agree with you on that. I was more over just stating what i know about doing something like this. I don't consider myself a good programmer to be honest.

Your wrong mate, whether you think your not a good programmer or not, you can program which is a great start. smile_o.gif Where as other people can't program to save their life, I am one of them lol...

Thats the whole idea Ecogunner is getting at. smile_o.gif if you join a team with other programmers, you will learn stuff from them and visa versa. Then you all can make something big and solid. It all depends on whether you would be willing to share your knowledge with other programmers and they do the same.

Yeah, I'm happy to share to help out. Not an issue there. Honestly i want to see what 1.09 will bring us. That might solve a few things.

Thats the spirit son! yay.gif

TBH, I don't think 1.09 will do much for the cheating side of ArmA. I could be wrong who knows. But hopefully the new patch wont be to long now and like you said, people can go from there.

the site is half way done hope u like it now and i know roster is spelled wrong fixing it now hope we can get alot of programers apart of this development team and other MOD Teams out there