Sign in to follow this  
fish44

Cant start Dedicated server

Hi all,

Have been running a dedicated server for our group for a couple of months now, and also an OPF server from the same machine. Both working fine (we would only use one at any time though they both run concurrently). Several days ago when i rebooted the machine, the OPF server loaded fine, but  the Arma Server gave me an error and would not load. To my knowldege i have not done anything with the server settings. I reloaded arma, but still the server gives an error. I have no firewall or security running either. The server file version is 1.8.0.5163

Is there anything external to my setup which might have changed and caused a problem for me. Or any other suggestions might help.

I use EndItAll, to kill pretty much most backround services, and still getting the standard microsoft error.

Any adivce most welcome

Thats the mysterious part, i did not change anything (that im aware of at least). Certainly did no editing or changing of settings.

do a double check on the Cfg and also the command line. If those two seem to be ok then hit me up on Xfire @ dmmlynn and ill see what i can do

Edited. Well its not the config or the server setup, cause they worked fine on another machine. So its something to do with the machine setup.

Well here's the thing, Just found the new Arma_Server version 1.8.0.5169, and replaced the 1.8.0.5163 which came with the 1.08.5163 executable from the 1.08 patch, and wolla, it works fine.

?

Have u ever felt you were talking to yourself....? rofl.gif