Sign in to follow this  
jogolca

What not to use with operation flashpoint

I want people to post here all the times of programs that should not be installed on your computer so that operation flashpoint will work.

-Clone CD

-Nero Burning Rom

Tell me does Adaptec Easy CD Creator 5 mess up operation flashpoint?

I had problems with CloneCD too. I have Nero installed, but don't actually know if that has any effect on anything. OFP crashes frequently, but that's just normal :-)

What the hell has cd copying software got to do with op flashpoint crashing anyway?

It's a bit like saying you can't have notepad on your system if you want to install MS Excel or something! biggrin.gif

Totally Crazy! confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Morph @ Feb. 26 2002,16:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What the hell has cd copying software got to do with op flashpoint crashing anyway?<span id='postcolor'>

These burn software products hook into your PC's IO subsystem in a way that messes up OFP's ability to use Safedisc2 to validate the original CD.

There are numerous references on The FAQ to people reporting these kind of problems.

Hmm.. I use Clonecd and Nero and have had no safedisk fade problems whatsoever...

very strange!

Just letting you know I ran Daemon Tools with WinXP and used to on my old Win98se system quite happily coexisting with OFP. Avon is right. These programs use the ASPI which is a kind of interface used to access CD drives and SCSI devices and can interfere with other such programs and even make Windows Explorer crash. BTW Adaptec just released V4.7 ASPI the other day which has W2k and WXP support. You may want to try this if your system is unstable.

I run a fair amount of the programs listed in this Thread with no problems under XP Pro. I must say I've yet to see a better OS than XP beats the pants off of 98 and ME.

I'd check ure CPU and memory usage and male sure they ain't damaged as there's no reason Nero or CD Clone should mess up Flashpoint.