Sign in to follow this  
Sgt.Wolf

Lurching effect?

I've got a new PC up and running, and can post its specification if need be.

Basically the PC is fully capable of running the game on mostly high settings, but if the settings or low or high it doesn't seem to solve this simple issue. The game "lurches" when moving and does so even more in the towns. It's almost as if the game is rendering objects and gobbles up the system memory for a mere split second, and it typically happens for a split second where the game pauses. This happens every five to ten seconds while moving along.

I have tried tweaking the graphical settings to no avail. If someone could point me in the right direction on what to do in order to correct this fault, that would be very helpful.

The graphics card that is in use is the ATI Sapphire HD 2600 Pro 512MB DDR2 Dual DVI TVO PCI-E.

EDIT: After reading through some more past topics, it looks like I'm suffering from a mild case of leakage. I'm running with the latest Catalyst available from the ATI website, yet I'm still suffering the exact same problem?

EDIT2: Leak is going no higher than 326 yet I still get the annoying 'stutter'. confused_o.gif

what is your res? I can get the lurching with veryhigh settings, or with AA on high. Texture on veryhigh is sure lurch. I run 1600/1200 (LCD native) and run all at high except AA(normal) and texture (normal) (for evo). Shadows are off( they are to flakey, hope 1.09 is better), but they didnt seem to affect the lurching.

I always get a lurch at certain spots in the citys..when driving.

I get zero lurches (except for the city spots driving) if i turn the grass off and have a 1200m view distance or lower.

My frame rate with normal textures is in the 40 to 80fps.(60 to 115 with no grass). I have been testing the lurching for awhile. and will keep trying out different combos. I figure it is with the amount of pixels i am pushing.

cpu is a x6800 c2d, gpus are 2x hd2900xt's in crossfire.

I've experienced it with 800x600 and 1024x768. Interestingly, lurching ceases as soon as I switch the grass off, even if I up the graphical details sky high to try and put the same loading or more loading on the system as if the grass was on it still won't lurch much if at all when compared to when grass is on. I can't help but wonder if this is something to do with ArmA's coding and how it is working with my graphics card? confused_o.gif

I think its a ATI issue. ATI needs to optimize for this game once (crossfire ect)... They have fixed some stuff, but. Eventually i will narrow down the reasons for the lurching and start a bug report....