Sign in to follow this  
whisperFFW06

"join" command in mp, problems...

Hello,

I wanted to make a script to enable a "split group" capacity for the leader of a group. With a script, which takes as argument [leader,subgroupArray], I make x soldiers leaving the group to follow another member of the group.

I use for this the "join" fonction.

The leaving works well, but I'm not sure of one thing : to make a unit leave a group, should I use :

unit join objNull

or

unit join unit

?

It works with objNull.

After the first unit, I make a subgroupArray join leader (who is the first unit leaving), and everything is fine.

But, in multiplayer, if another player has the higher rank after me, and I split my group in two, the second group being composed by the other player and AI units, the other player should be in command of the new group, as he has the higher rank in this group.

It doesn't work well : in the new group, units follow their new leader, but the player doesn't have any way to give orders to his AI units, he doesn't have the list of units in his group on his screen, cannot select unit with Fx keys, and has no way to order formation, behaviour, combat mode, targets, etc... His units are only following him.

Is it a bug with join command in multiplayer, or did I smthg wrong?

Whis'

Similar problem is happening to me when making a coop map...

I have a JOIN WP from the hostage to my leaders JOIN WP and syncronised them together..

All works fine until the leader is killed.. Noone takes over the squad (none AI btw) thus the hostage just stands thre as he cant be ordered to move anywhere....