Sign in to follow this  
pellejones

How to make stuff happen after an explosion

This is the deal.

I've made a mission where you play a BlackOp and you're to destroy a plane. After the satchel charges are in place, I drive away. Is there any way to make an ALARM sound when I press "Touch Off..."? I tried to put a thing that checked the plane for health and played the alarm if the health was 0.9 or higher. And let the russians (R1) move to the next waypoint:

getdammage plane1 > 0.9; playsound "alarm"; R1 lockWP false;

It worked but ONLY if I used a trigger that set the dammage to the plane to 1.0. Meaning that the Satchel Charges were still there and had not exploded.

I want the PLAYSOUND and the LOCKWP to activate when I have detonated the bombs OR I want a trigger that detonates the bombs for me, because then I can put the "playsound" and "lockWP" in the trigger.

Is this possible?

And how do I make a PLAYSOUND loop the sound? And one last thing, what's the "?" used for? Is there something equal to and IF (in c++ etc.) like "if getdammage plane1 > 0.9 then playsound "alarm"" or something like that?

Thanks!

:: Pelle ::

So far I can only answer 1 question.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And how do I make a PLAYSOUND loop the sound? <span id='postcolor'>

Set your trigger with the playsound-command to "Repeatley"

I cant see wehat that wouldnt work, but I never make missions in scripting, I use the editor, try using:

not(alive plane1)