Sign in to follow this  
gxgflame

Yet another graphics issue..

Okay, before I start, let me just say that I'm not very smart when it comes to technology. I know the basics, but if you're going to help me, you might need to do a little explaining. Sorry.

For a graphics card I have a Radeon 9250 w/ 128mb. I also have a Celeron CPU with 2.93GHz. If you need more info, go ahead and tell me what it is and I'll try to find out.

Okay, so I'll click on Armed Assault and all the little boxes will come up. All of them are checked except the last two, so I'm assuming that whatever they are, it's the reason I can't play the game. Then I will get this error:

Cannot Create 3D Device:

Adapter 0 (Radeon 9250) Fullscreen

Resolution 800x600, format X8R8G8B8/A8R8G8B8/D24S8, refresh 75 Hz.

Error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

I think that if I run the game settings on low, then I may be able to play the game, but it doesn't look there is anyway to do that without having to run the game first. Also, I have tried searching for a driver update on my Radeon 9250, but ATI seems to have taken them down off their website.

Any suggestions or help is much appreciated!

cmon man on my old pc i had a x800 xt pe and my setting in game was all on low 1280 1024 and game run just ok that 9250 thing is ... buy a new 3d card

This is not really "another graphics issue", but "another totally ignorant PC user issue". No offense intended.

Your video card does not support Shader Model 2, which is required for Arma. As it says on the box: minimum required is a Radeon 9500.

Get a new graphics card.

Minimum required means minimum required, not "you can get away with a bit less than..."

Your video card does not support Shader Model 2

Your video card supports Shader Model Zippo. It's a DX 8.0 card.. Way behind the times as is the rest of your system, to be perfectly honest.

the 1950 from ATi is a good card, however you might want to also look into perhaps a whole new system if you're going to be playing ArmA with any fervor.

Not sure what your budget is, but buying a new machine will net you quite a bit more performance for your enjoyment than simply tossing in a video card. Since you're limited to the AGP world, a more advanced video card is going to be gobs more expensive than an equivalent PCIe (modern graphics interface) card would be.

My Recommendation? Complete overhaul. Splurge and get yourself a new system.

Or, let us know what your budget looks like and what you reasonably afford to throw at this.

Good luck!