Sign in to follow this  
-Grenadier-

Death during cutscene

In "Blood, Sweat, and Tears", after clearing the town there was a cutscene with the spec ops guy talking to the infantry guy. "Good work, heading to the east?" "Yes sir. But we've still got some work to AUUUGHHH!" Suddenly the infantry guy goes down from a grenade. Scared the crap out of me, but I thought it was intentional at first. Then I notice there's a stray SLA soldier in the background, running around during the cutscene tossing grenades. He proceeds to take out one of the M113s as all the troops are loading before he's finally noticed and killed. rofl.gif

When the cutscene ended, I immediately got the "mission failed" notice, but it was funny anyway.

The funny thing is that I was expecting the same thing to happen to me in that very mission. I was sniping the enemy base from the hill to the east. At the last moment an enemy BRDM spotted me and came out of town and approached me on the hill. I managed to conceal myself behind a tree. After considering my options I was going to attempt to take out its tires when the mission suddenly went into the cutscene since my allies were now free to approach the base. The scene showed the BDRM up on the hill and its sudden interest in the characters in the cutscene. I was expecting my avatar to die, and there were shots fired, but the scene concluded before anything bad happened.