Sign in to follow this  

Sniper fire beyond 500 M

Hey guys

Apparrently according to config info for a sniper rifle, they got a max range of 700 m for ai -

I put down an Opfor sniper, max skill, doTarget player, and by gosh I swear more often than not hes not firing at ranges beyond 500 m -

Ive also tried reveal, along with even doTarget, nothing.

Both Reveal and DoTarget cause the sniper to look dead at player, heck, even drop to ground as if they are in combat, but, do nothing...

Anyone know of some *miracle* workaround to get units to consistantly engage beyond 500 m (of course units that have this ability present, like snipers)?

Place a spotter unit near the scene, use this disableAI "Move" in it´s init and group him to the sniper far away who also has disable AI "Move" in his init.

Check mando_gun_igor_sound.sara here, snipers firing from more than 1000m, machinegunners opening fire at 600m, but you may set that range to 6000m if needed wink_o.gif

Of course, no addons or modifications required tounge2.gif

Check mando_gun_igor_sound.sara here, snipers firing from more than 1000m, machinegunners opening fire at 600m, but you may set that range to 6000m if needed wink_o.gif

Of course, no addons or modifications required tounge2.gif

Holy Crap!!!!

U serious man?

wowwww

Cant wait to open this present dude, its like Christmas early... biggrin_o.gif

Thanks a ton Mandoble smile_o.gif

Was just about relocate a *very* fancy sniper war Ai vs Players, which is gonna be alot of trouble, if this fixes these guys, then thats awsome!!

@Balschoiw

Thanks for the info there too man, I need to check out waht Mandoble has here, but if all else fails I can try what u have suggested as well smile_o.gif