Sign in to follow this  
General Lag

Would you be wilingly to pay 100$ for vbs?

2 Flugel

Your PC probably had 2 megs of RAM

that is why u couldn't run Doom

same happened to me

I thought I had 4 megs, but I actually had only 2

Flugel said he had 4MB's RAM, but likely the problem was he didn't set up his config.sys with the correct line loading emm386.sys, or something similar.

But anyway, just to get back on-topic. I dont think we will have the chance to buy VBS so this thread is kind of flawed smile.gif

I have downloaded flashpoint off morpheus before with a fake cd-key.I played on it for aaround 3 months,nothing went wrong wink.gif))))

I got tried because I can't upgrade or play on the internet....

I buyed the game ,lets just say the flashpoint downloaded was like a demo for me wink.gif

I think It's quite intresting how many lunatics here would pay more then 100$ for it, almost as much as would buy it for the regular price.

Maybe if a game would deliver realy superior everything, and entertain you for at least a year, the price of games could be raised over 100$, but only for absolute top quality. Could be a way thought.

Yeah, real smart silencer. Posting rights removed.

mmm armourdave u just took the posting rights of that poor fella..

since the word \/\/ 4 R 3 Z has been mentioned serveral times in this thread, it would be a bit crue to take this plesure away from him. He might think we all conspire against him again...

but, then again, u r the admin so u r always right. smile.gif

I don't was VBS, necessarily, but I would love to play with all those cool new vehicles and weapons. Hopefully IL will hae them all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Armourdave @ Feb. 21 2002,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I won't, why should you pay for it when you can download it off from Morpheus or something? <span id='postcolor'>

Warezing OFP products is not acceptable. Posting rights removed smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Posting rights removed? A litle harsh, yes? After all, he didn't say he was advocating warez, he was just pointing out what he could do, not neccessarily what he would do.... confused.gif

Here´s a reply to Flugels post in General Forum dated: Feb. 21 2002,20:43. Sure you´re probably right about your profit examples. But don´t you forget: Sallary to programmers and developers,Distribution costs,copyright costs and marketing?

I think your missing the point here. Using warez is just as stupid as stealing, and quite frankly I think warez users are the ones who are skyrocketting the prices.

Napalm Out

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Armourdave @ Feb. 21 2002,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I won't, why should you pay for it when you can download it off from Morpheus or something? <span id='postcolor'>

Warezing OFP products is not acceptable. Posting rights removed smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yay you tell em buddy

Unbelievable how dumb some people are!

People... OFP is the game of the YEAR! And you are going to rip them off?

Come on... grow up kiddies.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (want2clock @ Feb. 22 2002,10:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here´s a reply to Flugels post in General Forum dated: Feb. 21 2002,20:43. Sure you´re probably right about your profit examples. But don´t you forget: Sallary to programmers and developers,Distribution costs,copyright costs and marketing?

I think your missing the point here. Using warez is just as stupid as stealing, and quite frankly I think warez users are the ones who are skyrocketting the prices.

Napalm Out<span id='postcolor'>

Nah, you might have a point in Distribution costs wich were overlooked by me, but sallary, copyrightcosts and marketing won't change by changing the retailprice of games if the quality of those games remains the same.

The word "Warez" is often used in the same sentence as the word "stealing", but ask yourself if you use it...

The following is not ment to be provocing but *might* give you a little insight on piracy and your own computer:

#1 Do you own an original Microsoft Windows CD and license for EACH computer you installed it on?

#2 Did you bought the complete CD (album) for each copyrighted MP3 stored on your harddrive or non-commercial removable media?

#3 Have you ever burned a game for personal use without buying it? Or maybe old games on 3"5 disk?

-----------

This is meant to say the following: Officially legal (non-workstation) computers become an extincting species.

I don't know a single family/person who is doing all the above.

Let's just say, a person I know very well who only uses Warez to test-ride programs. When he really likes them he will buy them, but he wont be disappointed like gamers that (in his opinion) pay $40 for Daikatana and Black and White because of the well-resourced marketingmachine.

==========

This is in no way related to make "Warez being acceptable", as in this thread I am only trying to modulate between the Warez dudes and the holy angels. And since the modulator found that Warez has no place here, I wont be posting any links or give hints to usable programmes. I only wish to discuss it here and share opinions wich are well appriciated - from both sides! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Flugel @ Feb. 21 2002,21:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Thorn @ Feb. 20 2002,21:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you believe it or not, it was a Commodore 486, wich my...<span id='postcolor'>

thorn, dude, u really getting offtopic by now smile.gif

but hey its your poll and hey while we'r at it

386 with 33Mhz,4MB, 80MB hd(whaha! ) and 2x cdrom! it played Wolfenstein fluantly, but doom didnt run because i didnt had any EMS (?) memory. or was it XMS?? I Hated it!! couldnt play all those nice games everyone was playing. Worms  sad.gif  Desert Strike , not even Doom!<span id='postcolor'>

Nawww that can't be right....I remember Doom was the only game that I could run no matter which boot disc I had used....I could get it running with EMS, or XMS, even after just pressing shift after turning it on....only problem was I had to load the sound card manually otherwise there was no sound....hehehe I remember there used to be a little rivalry thing going on about who could get the most free memory....I think the record with all the necessary things loaded and mouse too was like 624k free biggrin.gif

I remember all my friends had to play Doom with F5 (shitty detail) though while I stormed ahead on my shiny new IBM Aptiva 486 33 with 4mb and VESA LOCAL BUS

Then there was Rise of the Triad....hahaha I hear that was supposed to be Wolfenstein II originally

then came games like Dark Forces sad.gif goodbye mr 486, only MUDs for me now.... *sniff*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mmm armourdave u just took the posting rights of that poor fella..

since the word \/\/ 4 R 3 Z has been mentioned serveral times in this thread, it would be a bit crue to take this plesure away from him. He might think we all conspire against him again...

but, then again, u r the admin so u r always right. <span id='postcolor'>

Admitting to having warez OFP products or admitting that you intend to warez future OFP products are both banable offences. Period.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ArmourDave, why is there a SKOR flag flying in your sig pic?<span id='postcolor'>

Why not?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then there was Rise of the Triad....hahaha I hear that was supposed to be Wolfenstein II originally<span id='postcolor'>

RoTT was most excellent. Akimbo pistols and aspestos (spelling?) armour all the way.

csdoom (a linux conversion of doom) runs on my linux machine w/ 32MB's that currently only has 1300KB's RAM free and SWAP partition is completely full.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wont be posting any links or give hints to usable programmes. I only wish to discuss it here and share opinions wich are well appriciated - from both sides! <span id='postcolor'>

If you really feel the need to discuss the merits of buying software I'd personally prefer it wasn't on this forum but I guess it is acceptable to do so in the offtopic forum. Where this thread is going now.