Sign in to follow this  
tomcat_

server ping on list

I have run into a weird problem.

My server is not showing ping on the main list of servers, instead is showing a questionmark. Yet, if you put the ip directly then the server is coming up with a ping. Everyone can join and has normal ping, but on the list still is not showing. I had a look on the list and a few other servers have similar problem with a questionmark.

All 3 ports are open on the router....however, is there a different port or protocol that used for returning ping on the list?

I have run into a weird problem.

My server is not showing ping on the main list of servers, instead is showing a questionmark. Yet, if you put the ip directly then the server is coming up with a ping. Everyone can join and has normal ping, but on the list still is not showing. I had a look on the list and a few other servers have similar problem with a questionmark.

All 3 ports are open on the router....however, is there a different port or protocol that used for returning ping on the list?

Hi.

Seems like your Router are blocking ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol). Try to Enable it. You can maybe ask some friends, to try ping your IP(server). If the ICMP are blocked, they can't ping you, they will get an error. Something like "Ping request could not find host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx......"

Or maybe it's the Win XP firewall that are making some trouble.

But i believe maybe it's your router.

Quote[/b] ]

open /or forward following incoming ports:

port UDP (used for game)

port+1 UDP (used for server reporting)

port+3 UDP (used for VoN transmissions)

Following outgoing ports need to be open as well:

port UDP (used for game)

port+3 UDP (used for VoN transmissions)

well...when i'm pinging the router (external ip) i get an ping reply...the problem is with the Arma server...

The problem is with your router/firewall(s). Make sure you are able to send UDP packets through the NAT.

is there any way to test that?

I would like to know the solution to this problem, i'm having it myself.

I have a huge range open on my firewall for testing but my ping is still a question mark in the MP lobby.

Anyone know why?

*Problem solved*

My router is a linksys WRT54G and I had to update the firmware to get it to work.