Sign in to follow this  
Zero1

The tress on ofp

I love Operation Flashpoint but hate the f**king trees they are like a paper tree (yes,yes i know it is hard to make trees on games) but they could try a litle bit more to make them more realistic. Is there any body who thinks the same about the trees on Operation Flashpoint?

The trees are not that bad considering that if they were really good just think how much processors power it would take to make an island full of them.

BTW-you spelt Trees wrong on your topic title.

confused.gif

The trees are just simple bitmaps. If they had fully detailed 3D model trees the game would be really slow because of all those forests.

yeah i know. but i don't like them.... have you seen the trees on Hitman? they are very good biggrin.gif

But Hitman doesn't have as large playing areas and doesn't have real looking forests.

one of the missions in Hitman you are inn a big jungle wich is very big and very good trees in...

Has anyone noticed that when you put trees into the editor you get massive slowdown.(I did put in a lot, it was a forest)

They're only 2D, I don't see why thy should kill off the game speed. This doesn't happen to the trees already in the game though.

Nah it's just cause the game treats them as units rather than terrain like on pre-made maps.

Hmm yeha proably the reason. Ahh well Guess it will take some time for me to be able to make my lumber jack mod smile.gif

It wouldn't take long to make but if you want to cut down more than ten trees expect slideshow framerates. wink.gif

Hey this isn’t just one man with axe this mod has the setting for a entire lumber company the cranes the jeeps the wood dicer up thingies the paper factory. It you vs. a logging company. I am talking 100 of trees been cut down every hour here not just 10 a ago biggrin.gif

Cool! Let me know when it's done. Of course it'll be one #### of a long game. biggrin.gif

i think the trees are good think about it there not like duke nukem were if you move it moves with you but the graphics for the game isnt very up to date but still playable remember the island size?? if they make it to detailed well people are going to get bad fps i think everything looks real its not going overboard like ut2 were it looks to unrealstic but thats why they call it unreal biggrin.gifwink.gif

if you want good trees go buy ghost recon,the GR team worked on the trees more than anything (if you know what I mean);)

First i though that Hitman had a decent forest and still think so

but when I saw forest in OFP I realised that Hitman is nothing

even if indidvidual trees are kinda ugly the forest is beautiful!!!!

Best Forest Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

The trees are good enough for me. They are not suberb, but this is not a botanist game, anyway.

But think about the vehicles! They are just SO marvellous! Just look at Ghost Recon. There they look like shit! (Or is it my computer who is crappy?)

Trees aren't ugly. They're great. They're ugly when you're standing right in front of them. You don't need to stand right in front of and looking at them. They still look great 3 methers away. You don't even nothest this in a mission. You're too buissy with hiding, shooting and looking around. smile.gif

And, yes. Ghost Recon vehicles really looks like shit. tounge.gif