Sign in to follow this  
EVIL-SCOTSMAN

360 degree view in 3rd person mode

I have seen screenshots of Arma where it looks as tho they are capable of doing a complete 360 degree camera movement in Arma whilst in 3rd person mode ? I cannot, when I push and keep my finger on Alt whilst in 3rd person mode and rotate my mouse I can see the sides and the rear of my character but I cannot get to see my character from the front.

Is it possible for me to be able to see my man from the whole 360 degrees whilst in 3rd person mode so that I can take some screenshots and make some wallpapers ?

Basically all I want to know is if its possible to see my character whilst in 3rd person mode from the front instead of being limited to the sides and rear ?

I have tried searching but I cant find anything.

Cheers.

You must have seen command view.

For command view you need to be a group leader......have at least one other unit under your command.

Pressing NUMPAD [Del} will then give you command view, where you can rotate through 360 degrees and 90 degrees up and down again, also zoom in and out using the NUMPAD [+] and [-].

As long as these keys are still configured that way in your control options that is.

Planck

I think it is called 'Command view' - it is called with the Numpad-'DEL'.

You can only use it while in command of a squad or a lone soldier. It gives you a better overview and ability to command your team.

Edit: fixed typo and adding rant for being too slow  icon_rolleyes.gif

P.S. Of course, it could also be some odd camera effect in a cutscene...

Ah so thats what it is, cheers for replying, you have put my mind to rest now.

I have to be a squad leader to be able to see my man from the front via command view, cool.

Thanks again wink_o.gif

Double tapping spacebar does the same thing.... its far easier and quicker.