Sign in to follow this  
Beetle Bailey

very frustrating...

I need help installing addons/mods. Basically I have no idea how.So anyone that could tell me how to install them from start to finish would greatly be appreciated. biggrin_o.gif

Once you've downloade an addon you will most likely need Win Rar to open the archive with. Then take the .pbo file from the archive and put it into you addons folder. "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\addons". Then it SHOULD work unless there are any dependencies.

In the future I would suggest using the Search button to find an answer as it seems a question that would have been asked many times beore in the heyday of OFP.

Hope that was some help HH smile_o.gif

Read the documention, such as readme.txt, that comes with the particular addon or mod.

For some random addons it's best to use mod folders to not mess up your ofp install. Use search for more info on how to make and use them.

Read the documention, such as readme.txt, that comes with the particular addon or mod.

For some random addons it's best to use mod folders to not mess up your ofp install. Use search for more info on how to make and use them.

lol, you could have said to him confused_o.gif

to create a mod folder:

- create a folder, with a name (ww2; some mods have already a name @Tonalredux for example)

- copy/paste your ofp shortcut and in the properties write something like that in the target line:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@ECP;@Tonalredux;ww2;etc

smile_o.gif

banghead.gif ok ive installed the Mapfact weapon pack,and ive typed in the nosplash thing in the target line under properties.But none of the units appear in the mission editor.

"I'm not quite sure if I typed the target line correct or not." help.gif

it's maybe my fault whistle.gif in your mod folder, you must create a folder with this name: Addons

the you put your addons in the folder addons.

example:

@Tonalredux\addons\bobthesponge.pbo

same thing if you want to use independant anims

you must create the folder mod a new folder data

@Tonalredux\data\anim.pbo

i hope that could help you

Is there a certain file i put in the addons folder.btw there was already an addon folder under @Mapfact_WP.