Sign in to follow this  
Ghost

Rankings

I am running a dedicated server and want to record peoples rank. i understand that <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-ranking=filepath needs to be added to the server command line, but it seems i cannot just have =server, or =ranking.log. Problem is i do not have access to the mydocuments section of the computer since the game is host far away. i was hoping it would work like the -profiles, where you would put =server and it would create the folder and all the files. So if i have to have the full path and i somehow get the full path will it record or is there something else i need to do?

You need a create the actual log file that you plan on logging to. And yes you also need to use the full path to the file. For my server I use <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-ranking=E:\Games\ArmA\rankings.log

FYI the -netlog command works the same way.

No need to write the full path. If you just write "ranking.txt" it will point to the server's root folder, where the .EXE is. You still need to create the file manually beforehand.

Thankyou for replying. I will try it when i get the chance.

Thank you both for replying. MadDogX was right. All i did was create a file called ranking.log in the main directory and in the server command line i put -ranking=ranking.log Seems to work. Now i just wonder when the server updates this file. It seems to take a while to update unlike #exec ban or the netlog.