Sign in to follow this  
Sleepdoc

How to Luanch Mods using Kegety's Launcher

I have Kegety's "ArmA Launcher" v. 1.11 and I love the approach and intend to use it regularly.

but after much experimentation, I have not been able to get it to launch my sound mod called "ModWarSound", and I am not sure why.  I have tried may different approaches to getting it to load using this Launcher tool, but it won't.

I use the US version 1.08, so this is the path to my mod as indicated in my typical properties section of the desktop shortcut for ArmA

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=ModWarSound

Now I want my Kegety's ArmA luancher to luanch this mod when i use it.  

The read me says to place the path in the line that saks for where the mod is.  Here is the path I have my mod in.....

C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\ModWarSound\AddOns

This line does not seem to work.  I have also tried....

C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\ModWarSound

and

ModWarSound\AddOns

and just

ModWarSound

What am I doing wrong?  And what exact line do i need to enter into that luancher path line ot get this mod to launch?  Or am I possibly making some other mistake?

Also, is there some way to determine if my mod actually launched once I am in the game (other than obviously listening for a change in the sounds... like some sort of place to go see the text that the mod actually took?)

Sleepdoc

I had the same problem. It really is a great utility though. Give this a try, " -mod=ModWarSound" without the parenthesis. Note that there is a space before the hyphen.

This works for me. Let me know if this helps.

As far as knowing if the mod actually launched or not, the only way I know if is as you said. Test the game out and look for the addons/modifications that you put into the mod folder.

I am confused as to what you are doing. There is no need to use a "mod" parameter when using the launcher.

1) put @ModWarSound folder in ArmA directory (mine is called "@ModWarSound", not sure what yours is.)

2) make sure there is an addons folder inside @ModWarSound

3) open the launcher and click options>mods

4) in the dropdown box put whatever you want to called it

5) in the 3rd space "Mod directory name" put the EXACT folder name of the mod folder there (mine is "@ModWarSound")

6) save

7) check the box on the left to enable the mod

8) make sure the bottom right "change" button is executing the "arma.exe" file in the ArmA directory.

9) run the game

If you use this launcher there is no need for shortcuts and editing target lines.

If you use this launcher there is no need for shortcuts and editing target lines.

Just gotta bump this!

Soo many ppl having trouble editing their target-lines/shortcuts for new mods!

Kegetys FTW!

So Simple!

Kegetys ArmA Launcher!